Simms string leeches

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tattydaddy2

Simms string leeches

Post by Tattydaddy2 »

Hey all, just got my S5 bumpers put on my bow, wanna go further n add the Simms limb savers n string leeches, question is, can u with these? Affect performance of string? I know they sell a kit for crossbows, just lookin for feedback if its worth buying ....,. Shootin the equinox btw. Thanks
Kegbelly

Re: Simms string leeches

Post by Kegbelly »

I've never used the string leaches but from what I've read they don't seem to last very long, they get cut in two by the string. The limb savers work if you can keep them on. They stay on better if you position them closer toward the riser, but as you move them inward they also become less effective. Any weight you add to the string or limbs is going to slow them down to some degree, it's a trade-off between speed vs sound and you have to find a combination that works for you. Some folks that want string silencers go with cat whiskers that are served on when the string is built. Look at the Trading Post, several guys make top quality strings with cat whiskers as options. Hope this helps!
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo serves on whiskers, and has a video showing how to do it. Check out his website Boocustomstrings .he did much research coming up with this I believe. No complaints on mine.
Normous

Post by Normous »

String leeches don't seem to stay put on Excaliburs.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Tattydaddy2

Post by Tattydaddy2 »

Thanks guys yes big help! That was my concern with speeds of these things, keepin leeches on string, will check out what u guys posted. Thanx Again
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Leeches kept coming off of my Axiom string, so I finally ditched them. Had the little round Limb Saver silencers on the limbs. Worked fairly well until one day I was practicing and the left one came off and hit me in the eye. Took me a few seconds to figure that one out :shock: That's when I pulled the other one off and said to heck with it, I can live with the noise because the arrow's gonna be there before they know it! :)
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

They don't do anything but slow string speed.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
antler fool

Post by antler fool »

If you want to put them on whiskers are the way to go. They stay on and they do silence the bow a bit, also cuts down on vibrations somewhat. But you will lose arrow speed. Depending on their position on the string closer to the ends less effect on speed, sound etc. Depending on the bow and size of the whiskers you could maybe lose upward to 10 fps or as little as 4 or 5 fps. Whatever you decide good luck. One other thing Boo's videos are excellent
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I shoot Boo w/ whiskers. They cost me 4 fps. I had Y-25, several things going on at Boofest: wood stock, Boo string w/ whiskers, and s5's, 400 gr arrow w/ point.

Bill T commented on how quiet mine was to bare bow. He also commented on limbsavrs taking 15-20 fps. Unk Ted uses two per limb, lol.............
"Eze 18:21"
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

awshucks wrote:I shoot Boo w/ whiskers. They cost me 4 fps. I had Y-25, several things going on at Boofest: wood stock, Boo string w/ whiskers, and s5's, 400 gr arrow w/ point.

Bill T commented on how quiet mine was to bare bow. He also commented on limbsavrs taking 15-20 fps. Unk Ted uses two per limb, lol.............
Yeah, but he's a rock star!
Tattydaddy2

Post by Tattydaddy2 »

Thanks everyone, n I saw same video with uncle Ted using two sets of those, was scratching the head on that one, will pm u Dan. Thnx again