Tact Zone Scope Problems (2nd time)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sutts

Tact Zone Scope Problems (2nd time)

Post by sutts »

Hello - First time poster here. Not having good luck with the tact zone scope from my 380. The first one I had the cross hairs turn 45 degrees on me after 100 shots. Now I just got back from a Nothern Michgan hunt and the second scope is completely blury and I can't see through it. The bum deal is I actually like the scope but am losing confidence in it as this would be my third one since this summer. Has anyone else given up on the tact zone and went with something different? Thanks for your thoughts.
Archer Ontario

Re: Tact Zone Scope Problems (2nd time)

Post by Archer Ontario »

Hawke Optics
XB-30
sutts

Post by sutts »

Those look excellent however I'm assuming they will replace with one of their own. Has anyone replaced the tact zone with the vari-zone or shadow-zone scope with good results? I'm trying not to give up on the excal scopes quite yet. Thanks
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

I have an Excal Twilight DLX on mine and it has been great. Depending on your arrow weight the 380 may shoot too fast for the vari-zone and shadow zone - both of those scopes only adjust up to 350 fps. The Twilight goes up to 400.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

I have a vari zone/a shadow zone and a dwlight dlx.Have not had a problem with any yet,all 3 have been great for me
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

sutts wrote:Hello - First time poster here. Not having good luck with the tact zone scope from my 380. The first one I had the cross hairs turn 45 degrees on me after 100 shots. Now I just got back from a Nothern Michgan hunt and the second scope is completely blury and I can't see through it. The bum deal is I actually like the scope but am losing confidence in it as this would be my third one since this summer. Has anyone else given up on the tact zone and went with something different? Thanks for your thoughts.
I suggest you give a Leupold shotgun scope a try.

Here is a pic of my Matrix 355 with a Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm shotgun/muzzleloader NWTF edition with turkey plex reticle in dark earth finish scope. Mounted with Leupold Rifleman detachable low rings.

Just curious where in northern Michigan did you go? I am in the upper peninsula of Michigan.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
sutts

Post by sutts »

Andrew - Camp is near Onaway. Lots of doe moving last weekend but not much buck activity quite yet.
strum

Post by strum »

the shadowzone will serve you well

Yopperman im starting a running count of how many times you have posted a pic of yer scope..im at 5,396 so far
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

strum wrote:the shadowzone will serve you well

Yopperman im starting a running count of how many times you have posted a pic of yer scope..im at 5,396 so far
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Good one Strum!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well...back to subject at hand. My Tactzone just started fogging on me now at a little over a month. Had a really nice buck come in Saturday night and had he offered me a better shot....I couldn't have ethically taken the shot anyway. Scope was so foggy that I couldn't make the darn crosshairs out. Turned on the light on too and all I had was a green or red haze. As we speak, its on the way down to Danny Miller to do an upgrade to a Leupold Turkey plex. I just put an old Tasco 3x9x40 scope I had around for the time being.
Ghostman

Post by Ghostman »

I gave up before I started. Sold the TactZone NIB and mounted a Hawke XB30 compact.

For the retail prices Excal scopes leave a lot to be desired.
Excalibur Exomax
Scorpyd Vent.
TenPoint Stealth SS
Hawke Scopes
BEE Arrows
Flex Fletch Vanes
Rocket & Slick Trick Broadheads
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Boy...I can't kick on the other Excal scopes. Have had several Varizones, 3 Lumizones and a couple of different Shadowzones over the years. As far as I'm concerned they are all good scopes for the money. Just decided to go to the Leupold after hearing all the other complaints about the Tactzone scopes. I'm thinking that my chances of getting a good Tactzone was slim, so decided to cut my losses early on. Excal still does a bang up job to warranty these scopes, so I figure I don't have anything to complain about there. :wink:
sutts

Post by sutts »

Thanks everyone for the input and suggestions. I'm on the fence because I plan to go hunting again soon. I may take it back to cabela's (where I bought the bow) so they can replace the scope on the spot for the second time. Definately interested in a change however as I'm losing confidence in this scope as this would be my third in a very short time frame. If it fogged up on me during my hunt I would have been extremely disappointed.

Lvt01 - Were you able to get the retail value from your scope for the upgrade?
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

sutts wrote:Thanks everyone for the input and suggestions. I'm on the fence because I plan to go hunting again soon. I may take it back to cabela's (where I bought the bow) so they can replace the scope on the spot for the second time. Definately interested in a change however as I'm losing confidence in this scope as this would be my third in a very short time frame. If it fogged up on me during my hunt I would have been extremely disappointed.

Cabelas will do you right with their awesome customer service. I sold my unused Tact-Zone scope and rings on ebay for a nice profit. I received more money for the Tact-Zone then I paid for my Leupold.

Leupold 2-7x33mm shotgun scopes only weigh 9.9 ounces and have full lifetime warranty even if bought used. Plus Leupold is made in the U.S.A.

Andrew

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

sutts wrote:Andrew - Camp is near Onaway. Lots of doe moving last weekend but not much buck activity quite yet.
Oh OK pretty country indeed.

My daughter and I went out a few times and saw a small fork-horn a few does and a rather large black bear. Hopefully the bucks will start moving more with this change in cooler weather. Good luck and enjoy.

Andrew