Monster Buck!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

Re: Monster Buck!

Post by gerald strine »

Good luck were their is a will their is a way.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I have land around me that I cant hunt and that's where the big boys hang out but I am about to hang me a drip system up with some active scrape to see if I can draw a few of them to me...I pulled up in the drive way last night and 60 yards away I saw a big doe so I know they are crossing my yard and I am going to tag one if I can
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

xcalibur, can you elaborate with at least what town you are nearby? I live in Rolling Prairie, between LaPorte and South Bend, and just interested to hear where you are at. Want to be prepared for the news when you get that big boy!!! There are some big ones out there now that the one buck rule has been on for awhile now. Good luck.

Jay
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

Dan, I hunt Kingsbury often. Only live about 10 mi from there. It is busy during early bow and gun, but tapers off quickly. There is a lot of deer there. It wouldn't be anything if it were not for the refuge zones. You just have to know where the deer like to come out of. Been hunting it for 20+ years now, and get one or two from there every year. I know where Monterey is, friend had a lake cottage in Winimac (also very good hunting area). My friend has a place to hunt outside Culver Academy and it is beyond loaded with deer. I hunted with him 2 yrs ago there, and over 100 deer came out in the field. He kept saying to wait until the field was full before we started shooting!!! We ended up popping six that evening. Seen a few big bucks, but never had any shots. Anyway, sounds like you have the potential for big deer in your area. A big tract of woods makes a huge difference. Good luck and hope to hear of success from you.

Jay