decocking

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

yooper_man

Re: decocking

Post by yooper_man »

I am so glad you are OK and had help at the ready.

This scenario can easily happen with the Equinox. The 20" arrow/bolt doesn't cover the foot stirrup opening even with a broadhead.

Another reason I like my Matrix 355. An 18" arrow/bolt covers the foot stirrup opening and will be noticed before decocking.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Man, that sounds scary!!!!
grouse

Post by grouse »

I did the same thing last year but I was in my garage and had already removed my boots in my haste to get inside to watch a baseball game. I drove a boltcutter between two of my toes cutting both toes and the front of my foot. I healed and have learned a lesson the hard way.

Grouse
axiom
350 SE
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

grouse wrote:I did the same thing last year but I was in my garage and had already removed my boots in my haste to get inside to watch a baseball game. I drove a boltcutter between two of my toes cutting both toes and the front of my foot. I healed and have learned a lesson the hard way.

Grouse
Makes me cringe reading this but I bet you dont do it again :wink:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
strum

Post by strum »

I jest hope ole Onebigskittle don't do it ..he sure has some purty toes :shock: :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Glad things worked out...even if i had a Matrix i'm stickin with 20" arrow's.
Read your OP again....your boots didn't kick the arrow out? Guess i'll be paying better attention!! :mrgreen:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

On another positive note, I bet this thread you started saves someone else's foot. Admitting our mistakes and posting them on a public forum is the best way for others to learn, I still remember the first time I seen someone post a pic of their destroyed thumb from shooting with it on the rail OUCH I never forget that every time I shoot.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Bullzeye wrote:On another positive note, I bet this thread you started saves someone else's foot. Admitting our mistakes and posting them on a public forum is the best way for others to learn, I still remember the first time I seen someone post a pic of their destroyed thumb from shooting with it on the rail OUCH I never forget that every time I shoot.
Seen one of those myself called him tom thumb for awhile it was an awful sight :shock:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Dand

Post by Dand »

Thanks for posting this!!!!! I never thought of this. Maybe firing a field point is the way to go. Couldn't you grab the other handle and recock it???? Dand