Arrow pullers are necessary!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WithinMyRange

Arrow pullers are necessary!!!!

Post by WithinMyRange »

Arrow Puller??

Hi Group, I was driving home on Vancouver Island yesterday, I was fairly happy and content. I asked the lady in my life to stop by Wholesale Sports in Nanaimo so I could just look around.
Well the first thing we find out is that all archery stuff is 20% off, and oh yeah they just happen to have a 380 matrix in stock, or should I say had in stock, cause at that moment it was going home with me.
So after reading so many posts here I knew a lot, just not enough yet. Darn if I didn't get around to buying a target today and cocking that bow and shooting a couple of field tip Excalibur diablo bolts into that new target....and there they remain. I didn't buy a puller and dang those things are buried deep.
If anyone has any tips on getting those bolts out of that target, bring em on, I will have to drive 100 kilometers to get a puller. :evil:
flightattendant100

Re: Arrow pullers are necessary!!!!

Post by flightattendant100 »

Danny Miller arrow puller. Call Danny at 740-483-2312, he dosent do computers.His pullers are great and reasonably priced, and he'll ship them asap.You'll have 'em in a couple of days and not have to drive all that way.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

You did not mention the kind of target, but did you try givin the arrows a twist before pulling ?
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

x2 that is some of the best $ you will ever spend. Simple yet effective and has saved me countless blisters and broken arrows. They come out almost like they were greased. :D
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Good choice on the 380 I love mine I shot a couple arrows at a block target at a local archery range and had the same problem So needless to say I shoot at a bag target Once you set the scope on that monster you wont have to shoot all the time its a killin machine
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I suggest you call Dan Miller. His arrow pulling pliers and heavy duty stringing aid price was $44,00 shipped. I let Dan pick the rope color and he did good.

Very pleasant man.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

The threads in the back of the arrows are 8-32 .get a screw from the hardware store if you don't have one and snap a pair of vice grips on it and pull do not twist the nock will come out. If it comes out glue it back in I used locktite crazy glue jell have shot the same arrow about 200 times and it holds tight. Now make a T handle for the 8-32 screw . I might order a puller someday when I switch to custom arrows or install lumenoks but for stock Diablos this works for me.
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
WithinMyRange

Post by WithinMyRange »

Thank you all for the suggestions.

someone PM'd me but I am not authorized to read it, if you want to post it in the forum please feel free.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

phern wrote:I have one of those rubber arrow pullers...you know....the one that is like a hot dog bun. You spread it wide and you grab the arrow shaft. It works great. In my opinion, the screw in type "T" handle will just pull out the aluminum nock. If you use plastic knocks or the illuminated type of nock, you can't use the screw in type puller.
these rubber arrow pullers are useless if the arrow is buried to deep
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
needmorebacon

Post by needmorebacon »

I also have one of dannys pullers and it works great. Ive also used those circular rubber things you use to open canning goods with, they work great in a pinch. In any event give dan a call he'll hook you up.
2011 Axiom
GT Laser II-Right Helical
175gr. Slick Tricks
353 gr. overall bolt
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

The only time my threaded nocks came loose is when I twisted the arrow . Re-glued and she has not budged. I used to shoot a bunch of foam animal targets that were old and hard to pull arrows from I used Armor All on the shafts and they pulled right out. Remove the silly "Diablo" sticker. The Bullet type field tips help and if they are a tiny bit bigger than the shaft that helps. Clean the foam/target crud off the shafts with 0000 steel wool and WD 40. Sight it at 20yds and practice at 50 or 60. They pull a lot better if you back up and it's better practice. I shoot the same arrow every time(the walking is good for you) and save the others for Game. After they are tested of course . A rag target would make the whole thing better for you and save your arrows too. Dan Miller's Puller is great and added to the above will make your arrows last longer and save your "pull " for that big Buck :)
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Danny Miller Pullers are the BEST. I don't shoot targets without 'em.

Until you get them try using a piece of inner tube to get a grip on the arrow. Give it a 1/4 twist to break the 'weld' with the target and see if they come out easier after that. Pull straight back and don't stand behind the arrow when you pull. :oops:

If you shoot more - try using some arrow lube.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Note about lubing the arrows - only lube the first inch or so, otherwise it's tough to grip them to pull them out. The lube will generally travel up the arrow when it goes into the target anyway.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Gwen's Dilemma

Post by Gwen's Dilemma »

Danny's pullers look great but I welded a piece of steel on a fieldpoint so it's a "T". I screw it in the insert in the fletching end of the bolt and pull. So far has worked well and cheap :wink:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

"T" pullers work great.....til they don't, lol. :mrgreen:

Danny's for me.........
"Eze 18:21"