Leupold Turkey plex question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lvt01

Leupold Turkey plex question

Post by lvt01 »

Anyone know for sure if the VX I 2x7 33 uses 1 inch scope rings?

Tx!
yooper_man

Re: Leupold Turkey plex question

Post by yooper_man »

Yes it uses one inch rings.

I use Leupold rifleman detachable low rings for mounting my Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm scope which also has the turkey plex reticle.

I suggest these Leupold rings since they allow very low mounting and the scope clears everything. Very lightweight aluminum and strong rings.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Thanks Andrew. I already have 1 inch rings. Just wanted to be certain that's what the scope took. Ask first and then you don't screw up a nice scope! :lol:
needmorebacon

Post by needmorebacon »

your just giving him a reason to keep posting that picture aren't you? :lol:
2011 Axiom
GT Laser II-Right Helical
175gr. Slick Tricks
353 gr. overall bolt
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Yep, I am a Leupold guy and I will always take the bait to post my pic. I even had a thought this post was only bait to see if I would bite the hook. I gave it a thought and that soon passed.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
needmorebacon

Post by needmorebacon »

I have one on my shotgun I've been thinking would look much better on the excel :shock: sell the shotgun and upgrade bows too :wink:
2011 Axiom
GT Laser II-Right Helical
175gr. Slick Tricks
353 gr. overall bolt
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

yooper_man wrote:Yes it uses one inch rings.

I use Leupold rifleman detachable low rings for mounting my Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm scope which also has the turkey plex reticle.

I suggest these Leupold rings since they allow very low mounting and the scope clears everything. Very lightweight aluminum and strong rings.

Andrew
These rings also are very user friendly as to mounting. All edges are eased a bit. You wont ring mark your scope with these. If rings are a little loose scope will move in them without scarring. Nice rings especially for the money.
wabi

Post by wabi »

This has been my year to test Leupold's warranty.

Had a 39yo 4X fixed power scope fail and sent it back. They called & said it wasn't repairable, so they would send me a new 4X. Didn't get it in a few weeks, so I called again. They were out of fixed power scopes, so they let me pick another scope. Said they would give me a credit if I picked something cheaper, but I selected a VXII 1-4X for an even exchange.

Then I had a Leupold ring break!
PRW system ring (double screws & steel rings). The rep I talked to said to send it marked to his attention. Had a new set of rings in a week! (they changed the design to make them even stronger then the old model I sent in)

In 40+ years of shooting I've had 2 Leupold scopes and 1 set of rings fail and all were repaired/replaced quickly and with no arguments!
Not a bad record, and one of the best warranties out there!!!!!!!

My Phoenix wears a Leupold after having 3 scope failures in 3 years (2 TenPoint & 1 Excal), and I've had 0 problems with the Leupold since it's been on the bow! Not sure how long it's been (3 or 4 years I think), but it's comforting to know where the arrow is going to go when you pull the trigger. :D
wabi
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

needmorebacon wrote:your just giving him a reason to keep posting that picture aren't you? :lol:
Thats frickin funny :lol: :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things