Deer # 4 hit the dirt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hester0305

Deer # 4 hit the dirt

Post by Hester0305 »

Had a good morning hunting with my brother this morning. He saw 4 deer and I saw 4 and one of the adult does I saw came a little too close. I shot her at about 12 yards and it was almost a straight down shot. I hit her a little higher than I wanted but got a good exit behind the shoulder on the opposite side. This was my second deer with the Toxic broadhead and it shot through her and buried in the ground about 6 inches. I'm beginning to like these broadheads they shoot well but it doesn't look like they cut any bigger hole than my Slick Trick Mags do. I have 2 more tags left with one more doe and a buck left to try and take. I thanked the Lord once again for giving me the strength to get out in the woods just to be able to hunt and blessing me with another one of his deer.

Also a Special Thank You to all the Veterans that have made our country what it is today for their service to our country.

Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
JPjunkie

Re: Deer # 4 hit the dirt

Post by JPjunkie »

I can see catching crooks is not the only thing your good at :lol: Congrats on the deer and I like your close relationship with the Lord he is the reason for it all :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

He is the reason for it all JP. We don't know when our time will be up,one of my friends passed away this week, he had a heart attack while playing golf just last month we were discussing our archery shoots for the upcoming year 2014. I have been thinking how blessed we truly are.

Xcaliber, I have 2 freezers so I can stock up for the whole year, it saves me a lot of money by not buying too much meat.
Stryker Katana 360
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Hester0305 wrote:He is the reason for it all JP. We don't know when our time will be up,one of my friends passed away this week, he had a heart attack while playing golf just last month we were discussing our archery shoots for the upcoming year 2014. I have been thinking how blessed we truly are.

Xcaliber, I have 2 freezers so I can stock up for the whole year, it saves me a lot of money by not buying too much meat.
I loved going to church in the south totally different here I was saved again at a revival best day of my life :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats to you on the nice deer. Spect i need to get out & getstid anutter one myself
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

phern wrote:Hester0305....how do you go about getting licences for so many deer? Here where I hunt moose, we have to be 2 and sometimes 3 hunters with licences to collect a moose. As for deer in Quebec, I think that there is no way for me to get more than 1 deer.
In NC our regular "Sportsmans" license costs $40 and gives us 2 turkey tags, 1 bear tag and 6 deer tags (plus all inland fishing and trout fishing - off shore fishing is an extra $25 I think). They can be all antlerless or depending on where you hunt you can shoot up to 4 bucks. Then you can buy as many additional doe tags as you want at $10 each.

Congrats Eric! Your 1 up on me now. 8) Haven't been seeing a lot on public lands since the guns started banging. Where would you gauge the rut activity now?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

congrats!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Backstraps

Post by Backstraps »

nchunterkw wrote:
In NC our regular "Sportsmans" license costs $40 and gives us 2 turkey tags, 1 bear tag and 6 deer tags (plus all inland fishing and trout fishing - off shore fishing is an extra $25 I think). They can be all antlerless or depending on where you hunt you can shoot up to 4 bucks. Then you can buy as many additional doe tags as you want at $10 each.

Congrats Eric! Your 1 up on me now. 8) Haven't been seeing a lot on public lands since the guns started banging. Where would you gauge the rut activity now?
Oh man that would be nice. Here in Nebraska it is about $30 a year for a small game permit and habitat stamp and about the same for a fishing license. Deer permits are an extra $30 per deer. Spring turkey are $24 per bird and fall are 2 for $24.
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

That sounds about like what OH was when I lived there.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

nchunterkw wrote:
phern wrote:Hester0305....how do you go about getting licences for so many deer? Here where I hunt moose, we have to be 2 and sometimes 3 hunters with licences to collect a moose. As for deer in Quebec, I think that there is no way for me to get more than 1 deer.

I was lucky enough in 1986 to buy a Lifetime Sportsman License for $300.00 and it has been well worth it.

Keith the pre rut activity is just starting to kick in here some, I'm getting a lot more pictures of the bucks again but 2 of the shooters bucks I had pics of didn't make it through our early muzzleloader season.

We are definitely fortunate to be able to take 6 deer a year, now if I can get my wife to killing a few with her tags I can give a few away. I have a waiting list each year of people wanting deer but they don't want to hunt them.
Stryker Katana 360
frisky

Post by frisky »

Congrats! :D :D :D :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Congrats on a great doe.
Deer #4! Sweet. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads