9 This Mornin!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

9 This Mornin!

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup i saw 9 deer from up in my climber. My video cam would not work in the 18 degree temp. Maybe the battery needs to be bigger. 1st one a Doe came by & i watched her. 30 min later 2 Doe's n 2 fawns came by. 20-25 min later a Doe wid her twins came by. Then as i was tyin my hoist cord on wicked n nasty the last deer came by me another Doe. All were less than 30 yds & 5 were 23 n under. I let all of them walk cause its that time of the season. Come 20th of this month it will be back to meat supply business :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pydpiper

Re: 9 This Mornin!

Post by Pydpiper »

Lots of deer!
A tip Mike, those little chemical hand warmers from the dollar store work great in situations like that. I use them on most of my outdoor electronic stuff that doesn't have lithium cells.
I put one on my FoxPro in the winter, up against the battery compartment door with a rubber band, and I get about 5X the life out of the batteries per sitting.
In the spring they pretty much give the things away, they work good in gloves too!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
ranger

Post by ranger »

Sounds like fun, wish my health would let me get out kinda been tuff this year but I still have 1.5 months to get it done and I like the hand warmer idea, never thought of that for my Fox Pro either.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

That's cool, I've been able to enjoy watching quite a few does this year too, it's kinda like going to the warehouse to check on supplies to stock the shelves or freezer in this case!
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

That,s great! cold here also but the wind really picked up around 8.00 am this morning an the trees started wipping an leaves blowing off all around.glad you seen a bunch an I,m hardly seeing any doe so far.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

That was an exciting morning for you there Mike lots of venison just calling your name. Good luck waiting on the big boy.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I saw a Doe & her fawn at 6:50am this morin. Nutten else showed. Plus all of the scrapes have been covered in leaves ankle deep & have been that way fer most 2 weeks! :(
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
frisky

Post by frisky »

vixenmaster wrote:I saw a Doe & her fawn at 6:50am this morin. Nutten else showed. Plus all of the scrapes have been covered in leaves ankle deep & have been that way fer most 2 weeks! :(
Did you scare them all away? :lol: :lol:
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Nah, he killed em all! :lol: Vixenmaster's been droppin the hammer on em this year. Maybe you can shoot one for me? :D
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers