Dog House blind

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bullzeye

Re: Dog House blind

Post by Bullzeye »

That material looks to me like it would resist painting, what kind of paint did you use.

One thing I did to mine was to use seam sealer on all the seams especially around the windows.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
wabi

Post by wabi »

Bullzeye wrote:That material looks to me like it would resist painting, what kind of paint did you use.
The 99¢ WalMart flat black spray paint.
On that blind I set it up in my shop, painted it, and let it air-out for a few days before setting it up.
wabi
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Wearing black would work quite well but I only wear camo and have killed a few deer out of mine. I personally don't even attempt the shoot htru mesh and I keep most of my windows fairly wide open to facilitate various shot options. Hope this helps.
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

I like that idea of yours wabi! The deer will get use to the black up or down windows.I could never understand why they make em all black on the inside.But maybe camo on the inside would just look black too from a distance.I will be sure to brush mine in a little too.Thanks to all for all the useful info on using these. :D
Zap

Post by Zap »

For what it may be worth:

Personally I think you are better off to sit in some type of natural cover than in a ground blind.
Duck or Bleed.....
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Zap wrote:For what it may be worth:

Personally I think you are better off to sit in some type of natural cover than in a ground blind.
I agree natural is better :wink:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

I've used several different blinds in the past. For the $75 (found a clearance sale on one)the doghouse was well worth the price. I think in some places there just is no place or way to make a natural cover blind that'll work well. If you set it up early enough, the deer really don't pay any attention to it.

I too, like wabi's idea of painting the windows black. That's what I did with my wife's elevated box blind. Looks about the same whether they're open or closed. The deer I got pic's of on the trail camera by her blind are at ease pretty much all the time. Didn't matter whether she was sitting in the blind or not. Well worth a buck or two in black spray paint.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

The only time I use the poles are when Im leaving the blind up for a extended amount of time . For an quick hunt I just carry a stool and the blind so I can be in and out quick with no hassle .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]