Montec Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Olmanstand

Montec Crossbow

Post by Olmanstand »

Apologies if this may have been discussed before, but dose anyone have any info/experience with the crossbow version of G5's Montec?

Any difference?
Nox & Max, Xcaliber Strings, Vixenmaster Strings, Dynaflight String, Munch Mounts, S5's, Nikon Bolt XRs, VPAs & Montecs, Big John Custom & 2216 Arrows
Xbowkiller

Re: Montec Crossbow

Post by Xbowkiller »

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ec#p478321

But your question is a good one because that thread does not cover the crossbow version.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Olmanstand wrote:Apologies if this may have been discussed before, but dose anyone have any info/experience with the crossbow version of G5's Montec?

Any difference?
I emailed G5 to gather information about their Montec crossbow version. G5 told me they are the same as the their standard Montec's just the packaging is different.

I suggest the Montec (CS) Carbon Steel version over the stainless steel. The CS holds the edge better, but will rust.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
bolt chucker

Post by bolt chucker »

I shoot the regular 100g G5 montec with fire bolt arrows. 378grain total. out of a vortex and axiom . No problem same point of impact out to 50 yards. Don't know past 50 yards I don't shoot past that.
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

Hah! Kinda what I was thinking... I've seen very good groups with the CS version.
Nox & Max, Xcaliber Strings, Vixenmaster Strings, Dynaflight String, Munch Mounts, S5's, Nikon Bolt XRs, VPAs & Montecs, Big John Custom & 2216 Arrows
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I shot a bison with the G5 Montec CS 100gr sitting on top of an Easton FMJ. 525gr total wt. 4 arrows had a 1" group at 40" with the BHs installed. It performed great on the bison too. 3 shots, 3 pass throughs. One went through a rib and came out absolutely pristine.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:lol: love the g5 125 montecs, however the black bear on my avatar pic didn't seem to care for them. complete pase thru at 25 yards.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

I'm gona try some "crossbow" montecs, just for the heck of it. My dad has some CS, I will do a comparison of the two.
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

Got my reply email from G5 also, no change except the packaging. Anyone use VPA Terminator's or have used?
bolt chucker

Post by bolt chucker »

Ok started shooting Montec G5 and nap hell razors with my Mathews DXT some years ago. Switched to xbow still using the same heads. Montec G5 and nap hell razors 100 grains And 125 grains. Same poi on both I've shoot trees, rocks, cement blocks, steel 55 gallon drums, frozen milk jugs of water with very little to no damage to either brand. Both are the stainless steel version. the hell razors are easier To resharpen than the G5 both are tough as hell. 2 THUMBS UP FROM ME. My son just got a pack of Allen bear tooth we are going to put to the test.out of his axiom and the vortex and see how they stand up to some punishment!!!!!!!!
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

Great review! I passed on a doe yesterday evening, have two in the freezer. Had montec 100s on the arrows! Like the solid design vs several parts of my slicks.
Helped a friend get a spike out of public land and he will give me two more CS's tomorrow!

In the future a may try some VPAs.
Fullquiver

Post by Fullquiver »

bolt chucker wrote:Ok started shooting Montec G5 and nap hell razors with my Mathews DXT some years ago. Switched to xbow still using the same heads. Montec G5 and nap hell razors 100 grains And 125 grains. Same poi on both I've shoot trees, rocks, cement blocks, steel 55 gallon drums, frozen milk jugs of water with very little to no damage to either brand. Both are the stainless steel version. the hell razors are easier To resharpen than the G5 both are tough as hell. 2 THUMBS UP FROM ME. My son just got a pack of Allen bear tooth we are going to put to the test.out of his axiom and the vortex and see how they stand up to some punishment!!!!!!!!
Let me know how those Allens work for you? I have a dozen of them I bought for almost nothing last year on closeout at Meijer's and haven't had the need to use them.
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.