Have you ever cocked the Matrix 380 manually?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

darwal44

Have you ever cocked the Matrix 380 manually?

Post by darwal44 »

Hi, I heard in severeal videos that cocking the Matrix 380 is much like cocking a 200 pounds model (the opposite of what was expected).
So, was someone able to cocked the Matrix 380 manually? (without the rope cocking aid) :?:
one shot scott

Re: Have you ever cocked the Matrix 380 manually?

Post by one shot scott »

Yes, in my ladder stand. Not a perfered method, but possible.

String indents in human flesh hurts a wee bit.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
darwal44

Post by darwal44 »

Wow! really? :shock:
So, if one use gloves and get a little stronger, maybe the rope cocking aid is not needed anymore :o
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Oh no, I certainly recommend a cocking aid!

Using one will enable you to cock the string back evenly, making for a more accurate shot. It cuts the draw weight in half, saving the back, legs, arms and fingers form some serious hurt!
darwal44

Post by darwal44 »

Mmm... yeah, I think you are right :|
But it is good to know that it is possible to cocked manually 8)
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

No way would I even try :D
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
darwal44

Post by darwal44 »

I have tried with my Exomax, but I wasn't able to cocked with my hands, I'm not strong enough :?
Normally it takes me 25 seconds to reaload. I was thinking about a faster way to do it, just for fun :D
Ouch my back!
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

One Shot....you must be strong as an ox!!..half way up...and I'm good!..no sir..rope a must..I always check out my rope cocker when I cock the 380.
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

pinshooter wrote:No way would I even try :D
X2!!!

I have a considerably Strong Buddy who is oh-so-easy to lead into a challenge involved any feat of strength. He was out with one day when we were shooting the bows, and openly derided us for having to use the rope cocking aids. My Partner suggested he "might" be able to cock the Exomax with his bare hands, and he jumped right to the task. A little effort, and he did so. Gotta note though that he had obviously put a little more effort into one side over the other as the arrow flew a tad left of it's usual mark...

He then inquired if I was capable of cocking the Matrix 380 by hand alone. No Way was my reply. So he sidled up and suggested he likely could. Took considerably more huffing and puffing, and a rather red face, but he actually did it! I was impressed! Can't say that so much about those rather DEEP RED String Indents in his over-sized mitts though! :lol:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
darwal44

Post by darwal44 »

Gee... your buddy must be really strong, but as you said he pulled one side more than the other and that can't happen when using the cocking aid rope. But impressive still :shock: When I tried to cocked my Exomax bare handed I just got half the way :cry: .
strum

Post by strum »

i cocked my exomax by hand once just to see if I could. same thing one arm is stronger than the other its very hard to get it centered..
if I was in a tree stand and for some reason had to do it ..I would be in trouble
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Normous

Post by Normous »

I was able to cock my Nox/Max by hand and uncock it too but my M380 was another story and could not get that last inch, close but no cigar.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Enormous is, well enormous! He's built like a brick $&@-house!

After reading his comment I had to make sure I wasn't mistaking my 380 with one of my other bows. Im not nearly as good as shape as norm. I did it. Without gloves and it sucked real bad. It wasn't that bad from my treestand tho, I think because I used my leg muscles witch likely helped. With the bow on the ground, it's all upper body strength.

I still perfer not to do it without a rope cocker!!! I can feel a tweak in my right side of my neck now.

Dumb.
strum

Post by strum »

one shot scott wrote:Enormous is, well enormous! He's built like a brick $&@-house!

After reading his comment I had to make sure I wasn't mistaking my 380 with one of my other bows. Im not nearly as good as shape as norm. I did it. Without gloves and it sucked real bad. It wasn't that bad from my treestand tho, I think because I used my leg muscles witch likely helped. With the bow on the ground, it's all upper body strength.

I still perfer not to do it without a rope cocker!!! I can feel a tweak in my right side of my neck now.

Dumb.
all you have to do is uncock it by hand now and the tweak will go away :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

strum wrote:
one shot scott wrote:Enormous is, well enormous! He's built like a brick $&@-house!

Dumb.
all you have to do is uncock it by hand now and the tweak will go away :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: