A nice surprise

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Masboy

A nice surprise

Post by Masboy »

My son walked in today an said here,s a early Chrismas present for you an opened up the case an an old 303 British infield no 4 Mk 1 just like my very first deer rifle I owned an sporterized years ago that I always talked about to them. I will not sporterize this one :lol: he has it looking good with some of it parkerized an waiting on the clip an extracter before I can shoot it. I love having a son that rebuilds a lot of guns in a gun shop :lol:

Last edited by Masboy on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waif

Re: A nice surprise

Post by Waif »

Nice!
Imagine the potential for layaway working with him,l.o.l..
Been some deer shot with them old work horses.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats to ya on yer nice lookin rifle
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

Love those old military rifles. Most were very dependable, but a bit rough when it came to actual operation. :lol:

Many years ago a friend sold me an old Arisaka 99 rifle (7.7x58 cal) with a plugged barrel for $5. as a wall hanger. I took it home and dropped a cleaning rod down the barrel to see where it was plugged. Sounded funny when the rod hit the plug, so I dropped it again. After a few whacks a pencil fell out of the barrel. :lol: The barrel was actually in decent shape, so I had a local gunsmith look at it and he deemed it shootable. He sold me a box of ammo and I was headed for the range quickly. After about 10 rounds I decided it was a good wall hanger. That thing kicked me like a mule. :lol:
wabi
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Very nice gift. I do not know about in the U.S, but here sporterized ones sell between $100-$200, and the prices keep going up, I sold my #4 two yrs ago for $150, but for a full stocked original prices have got up a LOT in the last few years, up to three times the price of a sporterized one depending on condition and if the numbers are all matching, so DO not sporterize it !!!! lol
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
munch

Post by munch »

nice old gun i remember my brother buying the same gun from i think sears for $39 when we where kids .
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Congrats, you got a great rifle there. I can remember several guy's that used em for deer way back when I was just a wee little guy.
Wife's grandmother toted a 30-40 Craig, another beast from way back in the big war.
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Nice Gift. It was my first rifle. Cut sights off and added scope 35 years ago. Redid mine 5 years ago with new stock for my oldest son to use and have one day. My bubba 303 British Enfield no 4 Mk 1

Yes your is worth a lot more in full wood. Becoming collector pieces now.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Nice wheelie! reminds me of mine that looked almost like that. no collector value for me I shoot all my guns an plan on shooting a deer to bring back old memory,s for me :lol: I always had fond memory,s of my old 303 with the peep sight an it was a shooter an dropped a few deer an my first buck with my dad standing beside me watching .
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Very nice surprise I had one of the sporterized ones a long time ago and regret that I ever got rid of it. It wasd a real shooter.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Yuo bet the originals are worth much more these days......'cause everybody cut theirs up to make sporters! :lol: :lol: When I was a kid (before the gun control act of 1968) you could but all the military rifles mail order.The US guns were 39-49 dollars,the British and German 98's a few bucks less and some of the Russian, Finnish, and Italian guns were 9.95!!!! They had 'em by the barrel full in some places. Different day, different time.
tradshooter

Post by tradshooter »

I still use my 303 enfield. Use it for everything.I have used it as a hammer one time and a paddle and it still keeps shooting. The hammer part was not like you think....... Out in the bush and the wild it outperforms most of the top end rifles for durability take down cleaning and it is meant as a work horse.... you can drop it in a swamp rinse it off and still shoots. Nothing like a tough ol rifle