Is The Magic Gone ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

UPSMAN

Is The Magic Gone ???

Post by UPSMAN »

I hate to think it's true but the magic robe might be kaput. My month of hunting has come to an end and oh what a disappointment it was. This was the first year since 99 that I didn't kill a buck. I sat on the stand every day for at least 8 hours and only saw 2 shooter bucks.I saw plenty of deer but mostly small bucks and doe's. I did shoot a couple does for the freezer and also screwed up the only shot I had on one of the 2 shooters that I saw. As far as I could tell, the rut was hit & miss. I never did witness a mature buck chasing or tending a doe. The yo-yo type weather didn't help matters. It would be in the thirties one day and 2 days later it would be eighty. There were a couple of nice bucks killed in camp but a couple of our hunters got so frustrated that they violated our 8pt or better rule by shooting young 6 pt bucks.I tried to divert my frustration by spending 3 days in Stuggart, Arkansas shooting ducks. That trip turned out to be worse than my deer hunting woes. It sleeted for 2 days straight and the wind howled 30 mph for almost the entire time. I discovered that ducks don't like to fly when it's sleeting. Being a born and bred Florida boy, I had never experienced sleet. I can't fully describe to you what true misery it is to lay flat on your back in a canvas blind while it's sleeting so hard that you cant see.The blind literally froze over. It's all a memory now and I'm sure I'll look back on it in years to come and cherish the memories. If I survive the Christmas delivery season, I hope to get in a few more days of Georgia deer hunting after Christmas. I'll just have to occupy my time by doing a little duck hunting on the weekends. I just keep telling myself, Turkey season is only 3 months away. I certainly hope for "flightattendant100" sake, that I can still find a little magic in that robe before March. :lol: :lol:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Waif

Re: Is The Magic Gone ???

Post by Waif »

Is the magic in the robe or in the faith in the robe?
Either way if I could borrow it a little while after my rifle season ending yesterday I assure you it would be returned in a frightened state!.
Hey we hunted ,that alone is worth celebrating.
Next hunt!
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

One thing about it pal: it has to get better since by your commentary, it couldn't get much worse! That might stoke you up for next season. Your time will surely come again, probably when you least expect it! :wink:

This year was the first in many seasons that I've had everything work out and actually taken a deer........ even a doe! :shock: Had many shot opportunities last year that I didn't take because Is was holding out for a true trophy and then wound up with tag soup, and many seasons before that where I missed or just never could get a shot window at some really nice, in range deer. It's been frustrating, as you say.

I hunted 6 times this season before ever laying eyes on a deer, but then it all worked out and it seemed crazy easy! Things will come together again if you don't throw in the towel.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Around my neck of the woods I'm lucky to see as many as you describe! I know when your targeting a big boy and you don't bag one after investing a ton of hours in the stand it can be a disappointment, but it sounds like you had a good year. Look on the bright side, and congrats on filling the freezer!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Sorry to hear about ur luck upsman but u and the robe were getting a little poplar with all the kills u postedlast year Just a bad year fer ya next will be better ! ....... U do still have the robe don't u?????
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Naw no magic in robe fer deer, jus turkeys :lol: Now about them mallards in Ark. jus think you got to be in some fine sleet weather. Hey thats a great thing in its self. How many times you get to do that layin on yer back, :lol: The deer they come they go, if'en i didn't shoot those 2 young Bucks fer my Farmer lady i would have only 3 fine fat Doe's so fer this yr
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Sorry you had a bum hunt, Dennis.Maybe "The Robe" just doesnt like venison as well as turkey. :lol: Its gotta get better, right? :lol: Our deer season here in Texas has been slow to start too. Does and dinks.And a few piggys. It'll work out.Its all fun out in the woods!
munch

Post by munch »

i missed all the rut action as well this year and was not able to rattle or call a single deer in this year until yesterday. and it was a small one and really had very little interest. maybe we are just spoiled and after a few eventful filled years we just think its suppose to happen that way every time .better luck next year to you and me both
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I think you need to post some more pictures wearing it on here an let everyone poke some more fun at it an that might recharge it an bring back the ol magic .
good luck :lol:
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

That robe was ment for strutting not rutting :lol: Shortin it up a bit for rutting
wabi

Post by wabi »

onebigskittle wrote:That robe was ment for strutting not rutting :lol: Shortin it up a bit for rutting
Might have something there! :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi