Brass inserts???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Brass inserts???

Post by paulaboutform »

So here's the thing. I currently shoot an x omax 225 with 100gr points and will be upgrading to the 380 tomorrow. I'd love to keep shooting the same point weight because of the way the toxic broadheads have performed. I can cut and square my Firebolts to 18" but would like to buy some 50-75gr insersts to make up the weight difference of the 150gr points. Does Excalibur sell them because I can't find them. Thanks for any help.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Brass inserts???

Post by Doe Master »

Contact Danny Miller . I`m sure he would .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Normous

Post by Normous »

A 8/32" screw of your desired weight can be glued into the back of the insert that you removed by cutting 2" off your Firebolts. Re install the insert with add a weight back into your now 18" Firebolts.

Advice:
screw in your Toxic broadheads into the insert first before gluing in your add a weight so that you have the depth correct.

I have been doing this for 15 years or more and have 8/32 screws in 5 grain increments from 15 to 60 grains.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

enormous wrote:A 8/32" screw of your desired weight can be glued into the back of the insert that you removed by cutting 2" off your Firebolts. Re install the insert with add a weight back into your now 18" Firebolts.

Advice:
screw in your Toxic broadheads into the insert first before gluing in your add a weight so that you have the depth correct.

I have been doing this for 15 years or more and have 8/32 screws in 5 grain increments from 15 to 60 grains.
X2 awshucks & myself also do that fer more front insert weight & total weight fer arrows
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

1" of steel 8-32 tpi weighs 25 gr if I recall correctly. I did a bunch of testing on this a few yrs ago......a bunch.

Much ado about very little was my opinion. If I added 1" to the nocks, I got the same size groups @ 50 yds, just in a diff spot on the target.

Imho, the way to go is w/ brass inserts. There's guys who will refute this cause they have perfect arrows. then, it doesn't really matter.

If you are 'hunting' groups w/ whatever, try the brass inserts.

Sooo.....all of that being said, I'm currently impressed by BEE's from Jerry at Southshore. 20", 92 gr brass insert, 2" Blazers, and 100 gr Slicks. I'm happy.

Edited: weight: 400 gr.
"Eze 18:21"