10 Days no See a Deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

10 Days no See a Deer

Post by vixenmaster »

At 8:42am on Nov. 23rd was last deer i saw, & it were bein run by dogs/wild or dumped ? I saw a Doe n her growed fawn this mornin at 8:48 am & they were bein run by those dogs. So wid only 70 acres & these dogs runnin on it every day. Its makin my huntin abit of a sitathon wid no chance to kill deer. These same dogs kept me up in my climber last yr fer over 3 hrs after i had planned on comin back to my cabin. Everytime i started down they came over growlin & jus none to friendly actin :lol: I looked fer them when i came back wid pump gun n buckshot. Yesterday mornin they pinned me up in my Hang-on fer awhile. So now i have had enuff of bein a good guy. I will start totin my .22 to the stands every mornin i hunt til i quit late this month!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Tom

Re: 10 Days no See a Deer

Post by Tom »

Here is an idea, how about renting a paintball gun and your area might be known for the SPOTTED RUNNING DOGS. I have heard for others that the sting of a paint ball on the side has made more then one dogs avoid an area all together.

Good luck Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Bigtime

Post by Bigtime »

Are these wild dogs? Do they have collars on them?
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

The three S's Shoot Shovel Shut up :) You can legally shoot dogs if they pose a threat and those sound like they are wild aggressive dogs.
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
Waif

Post by Waif »

I like dogs,raised em for years and still have a passel.Feral dogs,yotes,wolves another story.
Here the law says we can,t take matters into our own hands,but I never called the law for dogs. An ex wife did and they failed to spray dogs when attempted,like the dogs would stand for that!. My non lethal methods,dragging them to their owner one time, and the next a couple well placed rocks led them to accept my property was not their property.They had a path beat down before I owned it and felt it was their huntin grounds.
Keep me up a tree would be a game changer case of self defense,or defiance,either way hunting would improve after..
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Next time your stuck in the tree by growling dogs ask your girlfriend BMW to assist and do a broadhead test at the same time.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I feel for you an would hate to shoot a dog for the lack of the owners being responsible or the poor dogs that are just dropped off an have to survive . but when they create a threat a man has to do what a man has to do :(
Good luck
rayman

Post by rayman »

Not that I am admitting to anything here, but if your going to do it, I would do it quick and sure, in a way that there would be no running home with a bullet wound. :|
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Bigtime wrote:Are these wild dogs? Do they have collars on them?
No collars on them in the 3 yrs i have seen them.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I posted a while back about a similar problem we were having with dogs running deer on our property. They belong to folks down the road and they've never posed a direct threat to me so I've always let em walk. But aggressive dogs that kept me treed like that for hours? Oh hell no, that's a game changer in my book and I wouldn't hesitate to rip em a new arse if I got a chance. Who's to say you won't run across these same dogs while on the ground and they decide to attack? They've already shown aggressive and threatening behavior toward you, I say you're justified in whatever you need to do.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I always carry a Glock with me ( legally ) in case of such things . I love dogs but Im not going to be bit by one ! Sounds like a bad deal !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

Not admitting to anything either, but a paintball gun loaded with a marble(s) will shoot clean thru a car door, marbles don't trace and paintball guns are no more noisy than a crossbow. Jus' sayin'... :wink:
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I carry a SIG 45, but this ought to make a good mean-dog repellent. :D Image
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
wilkster

Post by wilkster »

no noise with this one,dont have to worry about missing or them getting a way

lace some meat or dog food with poison,people do it all time of dogs they want to get rid of or cant stand
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Once, While hunting I was being bit by three dogs, once one gets a bite in, the rest join in. and I would have been playing quarterback if it wasn't for their trespassing owner standing nearby. Instead i directed my anger towards him. No love for dogs that are running deer or ferrel ones for that matter. Take em out.

This isn't the first time they have posed a problem for ya, you have been gracious enough.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-