10 Days no See a Deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

the elf

Re: 10 Days no See a Deer

Post by the elf »

automobile antifreeze in a low container also works well for 4 legged canine trespassers.Quiet and permanent.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

poisons in any form may harm unintended animals, and it prolongs suffering. Antifreeze is sweet and appealing to a wide range of animals.

Best to dispatch quickly with bow/gun. that way you know youve taken out the offending varmit.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

I love dogs and have never been without one except for the 6 month or so mourning period between and old friend passing and a new pup coming home with us. Still, if the a SOB is threatening me or mine I wouldn't think twice about taking it or them out!!! :evil:
cevans

Post by cevans »

Funny you would post this as 2 weeks ago,,was in my climbing stand about 15 minutes in the evening and neighbors 3 pit bulls came running down the ridge chasing a small doe and ruined my evening hunt. I immediately got out of the stand after they were chased off by my shouting at them and with a hour of daylight left, went home as I was only hunting about 600 yds on my property away from the house that evening. Asked the wife to get in the truck as a witness and drove to the neighbors which borders my 40 acres down the ridge about a 1/4 mile and I walked up to the door, and knocked and nicely asked them to tie their dogs up. In walking to their door, had to kick the small pitbull in the head as all three were wanting a piece of me and that kept them away. Anyhow, the woman, being a real hill jack and redneck, said to me,,,I don't know how to tie my dogs up. And I proceeded to tell her where I had been seeing them on the various neighbors property, one owning 200 acres, other owning 150 acres and above me on State Forest even. When she told me she didn't know how to tie them up,,I got riled and told her, you see all the no trespassing signs I have up??? If I see one of your dogs on my property, let alone all three,,I will kill them...and I was no longer nice to her in any way. Went home, called the Sheriff, and he told me that he would be out in the morning and warn her of the "Leash Law" that the county has and they have to tie their dogs up,,and he also told me I could legally shoot them if they are on my property. As soon as I hang the phone up,,they called him,,he read them the riot act and told them I could legally shoot them..Next day,,the man of the house pulls down my drive way while me and friend are getting loaded up in our vehicle to hunt a different piece of property...my dogs are loose, but with me as they are house pets, but,,,they are on my property and never allowed out of the yard or allowed to run loose,,,he gets in to a shouting match and I am wanting to fight,,all but running at his car to grab him,,he immediately gets into his car and leaves...I call the sheriff again,,this time,,he is on his way down,,,before we go hunting,,,the sheriff calls me back,,,said he had another phone call from them about my dogs not leashed in my little bit of yard in the middle of my 40 acres,,he told the guy,,this is your last warning,,tie them up or we are going to ticket you for each animal running loose, or they will be shot by hunters also. I win...dogs are tied up for now,,but if I see them or any of the other neighbors now that I have talked to all of them,,,everybody will shoot them. These people have only lived on their 3 acres about 5 yrs and this the 3rd and final time I have asked them to tie their dogs up especially during deer season..Shoot them as they only spoil your deer hunting and I am no longer a nice neighbor to these rednecks anymore. 3 days go by after the dogs are tied up,,I shot a nice doe with my muzzle loader out of a stand 75 yds from the house. I win again with the dogs tied up. Good luck in your endeavors but take care of the dogs as they will only ruin your hunting.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

You are one of three people whom I've heard (or read) use the term "hill jack", with me being on that list too!!! I had to chuckle to myself at that! :lol:

Believe me, here in Arkansas we have an over abundance of rednecks AND hill jacks. That and just being too easy and not thrilling enough (too me) are why I gave up gun hunting about 18 years ago! :wink:
ds762

Post by ds762 »

xcaliber wrote:Mike, it's unfortunate that the punishment can't be administered to the dog owner, that said, you have to protect yourself. I would take them out!
+1

Here in MO it's not legal to shoot dogs .. but I've seen them fall over dead from a sudden acute case of high speed lead poisoning!! ;)
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->
munch

Post by munch »

mike heres the best advice i can give you

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=srg ... D3A87DA9B9
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

Mike when the dogs had you up the tree for 3 hours ..Didn't you have your crossbow are gun? Might not get all 3 but the rest will scatter
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
tradshooter

Post by tradshooter »

If a dog had me in a tree stand like that I know one of them would be dead and the others would be dam close to that!!!! a free roaming dog is a dead dog. There are thousands and thousands of dog out there to get as a pet. Three hours???? my hunt ruined??? no those dogs would be dead and dropped off on the owners property with a note next time keep your dogs tied. I know they won't let their next dog run free....
Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

Lake shooter wrote:You are one of three people whom I've heard (or read) use the term "hill jack", with me being on that list too!!! I had to chuckle to myself at that! :lol:

Believe me, here in Arkansas we have an over abundance of rednecks AND hill jacks. That and just being too easy and not thrilling enough (too me) are why I gave up gun hunting about 18 years ago! :wink:
Looks like there's Two Types... Here's one of them :lol:

From http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=HillJack

1. hilljack
From the southern region of the Midwest (see Southern Ohio, Northern Kentucky, Western Pennsylvania and the better part of West Virginia). Hilljacks have a penchant for sleeveless t-shirts, Blackfoot and Molly Hatchet and low-end regional beer. Family gatherings come in the form of cookouts and all of them culminate in drunken brawls and multiple arrests. Young hilljack chicks are usually very attractive but undergo a metamorphosis sometime after they have their third kid before the age of twenty.
The creeper driving by you in the old van with the twisted roof rack and the smell of weed and urine billowing from the passenger side window that is halfway down, crooked and off it's track. The van also sports a confederate flag plate holder and an uncovered snow tire on the back.

honest officer, i was just helpin the sheep over the fence.

yup, cletus is still a virgin, his sister's on the track team ya know.

ma, where's my wranglers? i got a date.
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
cevans

Post by cevans »

I live in one of the most remote counties in Indiana, with the least amount of population as well. Only a couple of industries also in the county. Hill country, rugged, not a lot of farm ground of which is scattered in the hill, wooded country. I have only 2 neighbors within 1/4 mile of me and after that, 1 more that is 1/2 mile distance. These "hilljacks" moved in 5 yrs ago. Now have 6 cars and trucks abandoned on their front yard, trash every where, no jobs,,they don't do nothing but subsist on the system of govt. handouts. 5 yrs of argueing of their dogs running rampant. Done,,its legal here to shoot any dog on my property and will do so with much pleasure of the support of the Sheriff who knows me well. I had a hunting cabin on this property for a number of years and in 2003 built a house and moved here from Indy, and not going to take any BS off hilljacks. :)
Last edited by cevans on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

cevans wrote:I live in one of the most remote counties in Indiana, with the least amount of population as well. Only a couple of industries also in the county. Hill country, rugged, not a lot of farm ground of which is scattered in the hill, wooded country. I have only 2 neighbors within 1/4 mile of me and after that, 1 more that is 1/2 mile distance. These "hilljacks" moved in 5 yrs ago. Now have 6 cars and trucks abandoned on their front yard, trash every where, no jobs,,they don't do nothing but subsist on the system of govt. handouts. 5 yrs of argueing of their dogs running rampant. Done,,its legal here to shoot any dog on my property and will do so with much pleasure of the support of the Sheriff who knows me well.
5 Yrs??? :shock: Your a more patient man than I am.
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
cevans

Post by cevans »

Ys, 5 yrs,,I have asked them to tie their dogs up 3 yrs now and won't ever ask nicely again. They won't know what hit them as I am also a ex. Recon Marine Vietnam Vet. :D I have eaten dog before. :lol:
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

rayman

Post by rayman »

Thanks for your service cev, and as I previously recommended, it's better NOT to let a dog run home with a bullet wound. 8)
munch

Post by munch »

cevans wrote:Ys, 5 yrs,,I have asked them to tie their dogs up 3 yrs now and won't ever ask nicely again. They won't know what hit them as I am also a ex. Recon Marine Vietnam Vet. :D I have eaten dog before. :lol:
i worked a couple times in Kunming China which is very close to Vietnam ,Loas and Burma. found the dog a little better than the snake they fed us .the flies baked in the dinner rolls helped to take your mind off the meat .nothing like the chitts for 3 weeks straight. thought i was going to die
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook