anti-dry fire on Matrix 355

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lovelight

anti-dry fire on Matrix 355

Post by lovelight »

Hey folks. Looks like Santa may be bringing me a Matrix 355 for Christmas and I'm wondering if the ADF is even needed on the 355. I see videos where people dry fire older versions of Excalibur bows but I wonder if the new models may have enough energy into smaller limbs resulting in the need to be prudent with an ADF. If so, I'll probably move that up on the list of options I put on there.

The 380 has it but I'm not sure if that is because it is their top of the line model or if it is really needed to protect the bow. Any and all input is appreciated.
Hester0305

Re: anti-dry fire on Matrix 355

Post by Hester0305 »

I would put it on my 355 if I had one any dryfire isn't a good thing. I would recommend one for all the Excals. I don't know too many people that shoot alot that haven't dryfired their Excal.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
lovelight

Post by lovelight »

Thanks Hester. I'm definitely leaning that way. It just seems like a prudent addition.
oldnbroken

Post by oldnbroken »

just got my 380 last month after years with exocet. I did dryfire the exocet one time and busted the string. just by the sound and speed I'd be fearful of the 380 going off unrestrained. Only problem with the 380 ADF is that I have trouble holding back, pepressing the ADF and pulling trigger. But I do have some serious neck shoulder and hand problems s might just be me. I solved my problem with an old broken arrow cut to 10" it falls away once it clears the shaft holder.
Backin up ain't the same as given in...Been there and done that and paying the price... meanwhile looking to the next double dog dare.
needmorebacon

Post by needmorebacon »

Hester0305 wrote:I would put it on my 355 if I had one any dryfire isn't a good thing. I would recommend one for all the Excals. I don't know too many people that shoot alot that haven't dryfired their Excal.
Really? Ive had two excals in the last 15 yrs and have never done it. By no means being smart with you but how does one go about dry firing?
2011 Axiom
GT Laser II-Right Helical
175gr. Slick Tricks
353 gr. overall bolt
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

needmorebacon wrote:
Hester0305 wrote:I would put it on my 355 if I had one any dryfire isn't a good thing. I would recommend one for all the Excals. I don't know too many people that shoot alot that haven't dryfired their Excal.
Really? Ive had two excals in the last 15 yrs and have never done it. By no means being smart with you but how does one go about dry firing?
I cant speak for everyone else but I was running my mouth and just didn't load the arrow but now I don't shoot when someone is around talking and Bull chitin.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
needmorebacon wrote:
ohh let me count the ways!!!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Seems like in a fairly recent post Boo stated that Matrix 355 were the most replaced limbs in the line up. They dont come with an anti dryfire and they have strings that arent as forgiving as the Excel endless loop of the older series Excal bows.I could be wrong but I think I remember that.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Only ever dry fired twice and both times was at Boo Fest two different years! my exocet 200,Matrix 355 never had a problem with either bow! Get around a bunch of people and it will happen :lol:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I don't have one on my 355 and won't put one on it.
I like it simple.If i wanted one i would of bought the 380 with everything on it already.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

There were some reasons why I bought the Matrix 355 vs the 380..
No ADF
No R.E.D.S. (I installed Danny Miller's Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers)
I also didn't need the extra FPS.
Plus I save money and weight.

I never dry fired my Equinox nor my Matrix 355 to date. I also have a system I go through way.before my finger ever touches the trigger.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

I'm new to this, but I set the safety as soon as I hear the trigger click on cocking and don't let it off until I'm ready to shoot, like the instructions say. Hope it keeps working for me!
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i just put one on my 355 just for the safety of it not only that but my grandson might use this some times it makes me feel better that if it goes off he wont get hurt jmo
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well the older i get the more i dryfire! Good thing its usually on my Vixens wid dacron strings. It jus breaks a strand or 2 been real good on no limbs problems :) When i getstid a 355 i am puttin an ADF on it.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Get around a bunch of people and it will happen this is as true as it gets. Its real easy to get caught up in the moment when everyones having a good time. One of my dryfires came when I was testing some of the BEE arrows for accuracy and speed using my Chrono I guess I was worried more about the speed and accuracy than loading an arrow in the Excal. I thought it would never happen to me as most people would think but I was sure wrong when it did.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads