anti-dry fire on Matrix 355

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hester0305

Re: anti-dry fire on Matrix 355

Post by Hester0305 »

Get around a bunch of people and it will happen this is as true as it gets. Its real easy to get caught up in the moment when everyones having a good time. One of my dryfires came when I was testing some of the BEE arrows for accuracy and speed using my Chrono I guess I was worried more about the speed and accuracy than loading an arrow in the Excal. I thought it would never happen to me as most people would think but I was sure wrong when it did.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

delete
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

lovelight wrote:Hey folks. Looks like Santa may be bringing me a Matrix 355 for Christmas and I'm wondering if the ADF is even needed on the 355. I see videos where people dry fire older versions of Excalibur bows but I wonder if the new models may have enough energy into smaller limbs resulting in the need to be prudent with an ADF. If so, I'll probably move that up on the list of options I put on there.

The 380 has it but I'm not sure if that is because it is their top of the line model or if it is really needed to protect the bow. Any and all input is appreciated.
My old bow didn't have it and my 380 does. There's nothing to using it and it's added protection. Don't hesitate getting it. Better to err on the side of caution...and I guarantee no one who has dry fired there xbow thought it could happen to them and they probably had a system in place. Jmho.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.