Birthday

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lake shooter

Birthday

Post by Lake shooter »

Well y'all,
I wanted to be hunting today as it's 71 degrees right now with a brisk south wind, and at least 40% of the Booners that I've seen on the foot in daylight were in such conditions, as well as the biggest buck I've ever laid eyes on! Still, I worked on a new sail this morning but had to take the afternoon off and relax on the patio to enjoy the warmth, sporting a nice REAL Margarita!!! :D

Bad weather coming in tomorrow, supposed to be bringing the damn ice. In these parts it rarely snows, but if it does it's super wet and heavy and almost always preceded but sleet and freezing rain which gets the trees and power lines coated, then the snow piles up and all hell breaks lose with limbs and whole trees crashing down, especially on power lines! :shock: :roll: :oops:

Last year it did this Christmas night and the power of course went off. Had to go out back and get to cutting wood to keep the pipes from freezing, then ordered a freaking generator to save all the food in the freezer and fridge. Power was off for four days, and of course came back on less than 30 minutes after I got the generator up and running! :oops:

So anyway, the drink is going down smooth and I'm LOVING what will probably be our last 70 something day for a couple of months, pretty good BD present! But you never know...... This IS Arkansas! Almost three years back it was 72 degrees on the second of January!!!!! :shock:
maine hunter

Re: Birthday

Post by maine hunter »

:lol: :lol: happy b-day!!!! have one or two more for me!!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Waif

Post by Waif »

Hey if a big ol buck wants to make a gift of itself ,it can find you...
Happy B-day.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Happy Birthday!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
frisky

Post by frisky »

Happy Birthday, what time for cake n ice cream? :D :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

Happy Birthday!
enjoy the drinking but tomorrow is buck day 8)
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Thanks everyone, I wish that I was free tomorrow, the deer should be moving well with this big winter storm about to hit! Alas, duty calls and I hope to get that new sail finished: the bank account needs some refreshing and I don't want to be down at the loft Friday morning in below freezing temps trying to finish up.

Hopefully there won't be much ice and snow and I can go this weekend. I know a honeysuckle thicket or two that are as close as it gets to guaranteed doe sightings when the weather is really bad. Central Arkansas shuts down when there's more than a couple of inches of snow covered ice everywhere! :roll:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Happy Birthday & many more good ones to follow. I didn't see no deers this mornin. I will be in the stand in the mornin
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Alahunter

Post by Alahunter »

Happy birthday. Here in central Alabama it only snows once a year. I don't see how you guys handle hunting in the snow for multiple days. I guess I would get used to it though.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Thanks. I mentioned in another post that I used to hunt the rut in the Auburn Alabama area for a week to ten days. They have an almost identical climate to Little Rock but we do get a little more freezing precip.

Ironically though, and another reason to not put much if any faith in weather predictions over 36 - 48 hours: One year my trip was winding down, Monday evening and the last day of the season (January 31) was Wednesday. We were watching the idiots on the Weather Channel (fine lefties that they are) and they said "Unseasonably warm temps Thursday with highs in the mid 70's and strong SW winds"!

We were planning on heading home early Thursday morning. Wednesday night a Manitoba Mauler came through the south dumping many inches of snow and ice all through central and northern Mississippi and the same in Alabama!!!! :shock: we were stuck there as the roads were closed! My mom and I went out to the lease to cut trails instead and it was 12 f'ing degrees!!!!!!!!!

After two days waiting we decided to give it a shot and headed home through Birmingham. Cripes......... The yahoos down there are as bad as here when it comes to driving in winter conditions. On the long climb up the mountain leading to Birmingham the 4 lane highway still had some snow and ice on it but was close to impassable for all of the cars and trucks left abandoned, broadside, in the middle of the road! :oops: They do the same crap here instead of just backing down the hill................ :evil: :roll: :oops:
Last edited by Lake shooter on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Happy birthday!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Happy Birthday
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

You guys are too much! :D
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Happy belated birthday! Hope you still get a chance to get out and hunt the big bucks! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Thanks! :D

We have 34 degrees and rain right now and it's supposed to drop to about 31 with freezing rain tonight, then a wintery mix tomorrow and worse from then on. The final insult will come Monday with a projected "high" of freezing and a low of
8!!!!!!! :shock:

Cripes, this is Arkansas not Iowa! I used to get out and sit in the mid high 20's, but that just ain't fun anymore. I was born in Corpus Christi Texas, I'd rather be hot and humid than cold and anything, any day of the week. Come hunting season I'll get out in the high 30's to mid 40's like the morning I rattled in my buck, but this is nuts........... And it ain't even WINTER yet! :roll: :oops: