We warmed our gun barrels up today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaveShooter

We warmed our gun barrels up today

Post by DaveShooter »

My sister got into deer hunting this year so she got he a nice blind. So I went out with her tis-morning and around 8:05 AM I saw 4 deer coming out of the thick stuff towards us. I whispered deer but she didn't see them so they must of known something was up deer that is and started to run . So my sister shoots at one and I shoot at the other. They acted as if both were hit by us. So we waited awhile and got out of the blind walked over to where they were and found hair in both places where we had shot. No blood- I thought this don't look good-We walked our tails off but never found any blood or deer. So I figured we must of just grazed them if anything. And if we did hit them by chance then if they do end up dead they will be some critters dinner for sure.
All in all I do wish we would of gotten them especially my sister because I have killed my fair share of deer and game. It was fun just to hunt with my younger sister for sure!!!! :D
toytruck

Re: We warmed our gun barrels up today

Post by toytruck »

I have done that, found only hair...an no deer, sick feeling I know. I believe the deer must have moved at the last moment before the shot. Hope you have better luck next time out.
My sisters would never even think of getting out an hunting, so you are very lucky my friend!
Life may change us, but we begin and end with family.
White's and TC Renegade
2010 Ibex
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Jus hair no blood, what about a clear liquid? Could very well have hit them in the paunch! Not a good thing but the deer usually will lay down if'en not pushed wid-in 200-300 yds of where they were shot
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

No worse feeling in the world. I'd head back out this afternoon and look. Like Vixenmaster said, if you hit them in the gut they will lay down within a few hundred yards. The chances are far more likely you hit it too far back than that you both just grazed them.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
wabi

Post by wabi »

What color & length was the hair?
wabi
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

It was brown in color. Like I said we tracked for along long ways. No sign 0of deer at all or blood trail or liquid of any kind. Chalk it up to a loss and a learning experience!!!!