Huntin Weather

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Huntin Weather

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup i ain't been able to go fer past few days. Winds & rain yesterday that turned to freezin rain then sleet. Then about 8 pm last nite it started snowin, have 5-6" on the ground & its still fallin. Winds blowin & its dang cold out there. Lost my Alt./Gen. couple of days ago & last nite the main Gen. hit the oil alert. Bad timimg on this stuff, i put oil into it but it wouldn't fire up again. Went out this mornin in the dark thirty like 5 am & got it fired up. :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Fletch2

Re: Huntin Weather

Post by Fletch2 »

Sounds like tuff weather you have time to twist up some strings :roll:
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string
Waif

Post by Waif »

Another winter.
My generator low oil shut off would not be satisfied till it was denied its wiring.
Could not find a reason other than if it pendulums or floats and is stuck.So I check oil each fueling as should be done anyway, and no more problem with it.For now.
Hang in there.Some times we got to hunkerdown too till weather breaks.
We,ll squint at the sun again yet!
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Hang tough VM!!! Sure hope things don''t keep going downhill on you.

I was going to say "going south" but whomever came up with that was a fool of the first degree, because further south is always good with me, and frankly, I'd like to be at my sister's down in Vero Beach Florida right now!!!! :roll: only thing I can think of was that the originator of said phrase was in Terra Del Fuego, where "going south" would mean heading into the roaring forties of the Southern Ocean on your way to Antarctica!!!! :shock: http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weathe ... n=USFL0500

It's sleeting pretty hard right now. Same old Arkansas crap: freezing rain followed by sleet, the absolute worst possible scenario for the trees and roads! The good news is that I fired the old generator up a few days ago and it started on the second pull! :D Thank you StaBil, what a great product! :wink:

After last Christmas's severe ice and snow storm the freaking woods STILL look like a war zone, with whole tree tops and too many dead falls and widow maker wannabes all over the forest floor to begin to count!
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Hang on VM we will be back in the stands before u know it ! :lol:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
cevans

Post by cevans »

VM,,,we got lucky and little to no ice, but so far 10" and maybe a couple of more before its done tonite. Our Muzzleloader Season starts in the morning and runs 2 weeks and will be out at daylight hunting the thick stuff in the morning and loving the hunting in the white powder we have. Round 2 is supposed to hit Sunday sometime they are saying, but not telling us yet,,how much more we are getting and this snow is going to last at least a week or more with the cold weather. Can't wait to hunt the snow as for southern Indiana,,this is a real treat in our hill country. Good luck to ya!
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Looks like we got lucky on this storm. Right on the edge and it was so close the weather predictors were mostly guessing as to rain, ice, or snow. Ended up raining most of the day and then a short period of sleet followed by a little snow. Only a couple inches of snow so far, so hopefully I can get out and try for deer #2 during the gun season tomorrow. Gun season ends Sunday, so I'll make sure the feeder is full and operating properly so I can get back to hunting with the Excalibur next week. With the cold temperatures I have a feeling the deer will be eating whatever is easy to find. :D
wabi
XCaddis

Post by XCaddis »

You southern guys are funny...that is hunting weather up here. What are you going to do when winter comes? :D
XCaddis

Excalibur Exomax
STS
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder

Guns are part of our Cultural Heritage. Please respect our diversity!!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Its supposed to hit us Sunday, I hope you get hunt some this weekend I'm going to try it in the morning
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads