The storm is here

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

Re: The storm is here

Post by Riflemanz »

Snow has started here in Wisconsin,icy roads are causing alot of accidents.Sheriff says stay home today
so no hunting for me.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

I didn't go either. It was supposed to warm up some and get sunny but neither ever happened, so, the roads still suck and I'm not taking the chance on getting hit or worse! It's 2:34 PM and still only 29 put there while the forecast was for 37...................
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I haven't huntin in several days cause of the storm & problems its caused. So cold the 10,000 btu propane heater in bedroom cabin couldn't keep the cabin above 38 degrees. Went thru a 20 lb bottle in 2 days. So were sleepin n livin in the spam cabin where the wood stove is. We lost our main Gen. yesterday evening about 6:30pm. I had changed the oil in it earlier & ran it fer 2 hrs. The kill on/off switch quit had to close fuel valve to run it out of gas. It hasn't cranked up since, tired of pullin on the thing & it not even hittin a lick. Will call warranty on it tomorrow. Had to shut down the Fridge too much power from the battery bank. I rigged up out Tahoe & usin its Alt./Battery setup to charge out battery bank fer 2 hrs. Still solid frozen here 1 foot of snow on top of an inch of ice & not gettin above 24 degrees. It were 2 degrees last nite thats abit tuff fer here. Have about went thru our 5 day supply of dry fire wood under the tarp. Will get out tomorrow cut up a dead standin tree fer good firewood. Will also knock a hole in the water barrel ice to pump about 20 gals out of it fer use in cabin. Washin dishes n bathing.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Holy moly man, that's roughin' it!!!!!! :shock: :roll:

Hope you get your generator fixed soon!
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Good wishes to you VM tough times for lots of folks acordin to news
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Sorry to here all that Mike! sounds like ol Murphy's working overtime down there. we got 8-9 inches yesterday an calling for 3-6 in the morning an I,m still sick an but my son was out tonight an said deer everywhere in the field an one small eight point 75 yds with some doe. so I will go with him tomorrow sick or not :mrgreen:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hey Y'all gotstid enuff power from panels to get online today. Snow isn't thawin much fer sure still wid us. The warranty on Gen. they said was after they look at it to see if'en i abused it. Read between the lines fer me start Gen. up its all my fault. So i took it to my small engine place to get them to repair it. Cost $150 in 2 roundtrips fer gas to warranty. So i am figure the total on repairs will be abit less than that. Friday before it gets looked at & next week afore repairs can be made. I finally got the Burb unstuck & pulled up to battery bank to use its alt. to feed juice to battery bank fer power. Its goin to be a woderful winter :) Murphy came wid alot of his cousins n said they would stay awhile. Spect most the month of Dec. I haven't got to hunt again & looks like this sat. maybe the next chance
Half Bubble Off BD360

Waif

Post by Waif »

With new single wire alternators ,hooking one up to a variety of engines possible. Even mounting on a mower and driving it with its engine.
Watch that suburbans belt jealous like unless you have a spare!
It quit snowing here long enough to plug in golf carts batteries for a needed charge. Everything been plowed once except path to shed where generator is. Should see if it still works before its needed.
Hang in there vixenmaster! Be careful and if murphy follows you out to hunt lose his miserable hide!
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well after runnin my Burb wid its alt. to supply power to battery bank fer most of the week. I lost 2 6v batterys from 2 diff sets. Now this be good learnin fer me. We started wid 6 sets & 1200 amps, now were at 3 sets & 600 amps, 300 usable down to the 50% rule. Gotstid Gen. back from shop this mornin wid a $65.30 Bill. I will build a power shed this comin yr, to keep batterys & Gen. & such out of the weather n cold
Half Bubble Off BD360