fletching jigs and set up??? help.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

fletching jigs and set up??? help.

Post by paulaboutform »

I've got a Matrix 380 and want to cut my 20" Firebolts down to 18". I use lumenoks and I'm waiting for my heavy brass inserts so I can shoot my 100gr toxic broadheads. I was thinking of trying 2"blazers. I currently use a Bitzenburger jig. How much offset should I have? Is there a faster or better or easier jig? Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
paulaboutform

Re: fletching jigs and set up??? help.

Post by paulaboutform »

hankenhunter wrote:IMHO, the Arizona EZ fletch is very fast, will do three fletches at a time, and very easy to use. :D
Hank
Thanks Hank. I actually have an old Arizona ez fletch but it's a straight jig. No offset.Do you know if ththere's a crossbolt version?
lovelight

Post by lovelight »

If you have the Bitz or similar jig for vertical bows, how do people adapt them for the flat style knocks on crossbows? Is there some sort of standard to crossbow knock converter used during the fletching time and removed afterward?
rej

Post by rej »

paulaboutform wrote:
hankenhunter wrote:IMHO, the Arizona EZ fletch is very fast, will do three fletches at a time, and very easy to use. :D
Hank
Thanks Hank. I actually have an old Arizona ez fletch but it's a straight jig. No offset.Do you know if ththere's a crossbolt version?
You can buy different arms for the AZ EZ Fletch. Check out their web site. Bowhunters Superstore sell a lot of parts for these as well.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Thank you everyone for the great ideas and suggestions.
munch

Post by munch »

lovelight wrote:If you have the Bitz or similar jig for vertical bows, how do people adapt them for the flat style knocks on crossbows? Is there some sort of standard to crossbow knock converter used during the fletching time and removed afterward?
i bought a converter then ended up just gluing a nock onto an old field point and screw it into the back of the arrow .i also place a rubber oring between the field point and the insert so i have some wiggle room to index the first vain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIedgdEW6wk#t=2
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
lovelight

Post by lovelight »

Thanks Munch!
munch

Post by munch »

lovelight wrote:Thanks Munch!
i took a picture .you can see the oring i talked about .all it takes is an old field point a nock and some supper glue
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

paulaboutform wrote:Thank you everyone for the great ideas and suggestions.
The Bits is good but one vane at a time.The best AAE jig for 2" Blazers is called the BOLT, right helical, for the green (aluminum arrow) base. Works great for me. You can order just the arms (@$15) if you already have the base.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

EZ fletch bolt, never fletched in my life but with a little advice from Don and this jig my arrows came out great, real easy to use.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
oneiarrowking

Post by oneiarrowking »

I used to have an archery shop until I retired in 2008. I have 12 bitz jigs and many years ago I bought a dz. plastic nocks from Kinsey's that are a slip fit in 2016 shafts so I could make bolts on my bitz jigs. However they would not fit in the GT shafts that I now shoot so I turned them down a few thousands so they will fit into the GT shafts. Anyone can do the same thing by chucking them in an electric drill and turning them into a draw file. After fletching I scuff the inside wall with a .357 bore brush and put the threaded aluminum insert in with hot melt glue so that I can easily get the nock out if I have to refletch. To get the nock out without damaging the shaft I screw a field point into the nock and heat the point until I can remove the nock.
The older I get, the better I used to be.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

There,s faster ones like said but none better than the bitz for one at a time prescision . had some of my best shooting arrows by using RH clamp with as much offset as I could put on them an still lay flat on the shaft with blazers. brass inserts,blazers,squared,weighed,spin tested with good quality shafts equals fine accuracy with about any shaft lenth an broadheads for me.
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

lovelight wrote:If you have the Bitz or similar jig for vertical bows, how do people adapt them for the flat style knocks on crossbows? Is there some sort of standard to crossbow knock converter used during the fletching time and removed afterward?

you can get the bolt adapter for the blitzengurger or you can make your own using an arrow nock :?
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton