this is the DEADLIEST braadhead made!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

this is the DEADLIEST braadhead made!!!

Post by paulaboutform »

After years of trying more broadheads than I have time to name, I've had the opportunity to use the new Toxic Broadheads. They come in 100-125gr and after shooting 2 big Russian hogs (almost 300lbs each) and a little guy (90-100lbs) I can tell you I've never seen a blood trail like this in my 37 years of hunting. I actually shot the 2 big bruisers with the same bolt and braodhead. I encourage you all to check them out. I can't imagine not using them on all my hunts.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Riflemanz

Re: this is the DEADLIEST braadhead made!!!

Post by Riflemanz »

No pics of the blood trail?This is a spitfire blood trail!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
wilkster

Post by wilkster »

what is the cutting diameter of thoose toxic broadheads? the rage has 2"+ cutting diameter which is as big as it gets never tried them my self but heard alot about the rage.

i run the wasp sledgehammer and they are exactly that,they hit hard and pentrate the hide of the biggest north american game where some others have failed you can exspect complete pass through, they tune perfectly to my bolt/arrow and group well to 50yrds, one of hardest hitting accurated broadheads on the market
massbow

Post by massbow »

I think its gunna take awhile for these to get accepted. with the radical design of them, unlike anything ever produced before!
Team 355
NFH

Post by NFH »

I read on a different forum that these broadheads whistle giving the deer enough warning to run and be well clear of the arrow before it ever reaches them! :shock:
I'd like to give them a try though, I'll just have to find deaf deer to shoot at.
Micro 335 Nightmare
Vortex XBR
Trigger Tech 2 stage
Flemish strings
Doc Miller RBBBs
SSA Spynal Tapps
SlickTricks
Magnus Black Hornet Ser-Razor
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

paulaboutform wrote:After years of trying more broadheads than I have time to name, I've had the opportunity to use the new Toxic Broadheads. They come in 100-125gr and after shooting 2 big Russian hogs (almost 300lbs each) and a little guy (90-100lbs) I can tell you I've never seen a blood trail like this in my 37 years of hunting. I actually shot the 2 big bruisers with the same bolt and braodhead. I encourage you all to check them out. I can't imagine not using them on all my hunts.
In a word: no, it's not! :D In real estate it's location, location, location. Ethically harvesting big game animals is exactly the same if you add "shot" in front of all three of this words. I really like a huge blood trail too, but even when double lunged and running full speed that doesn't always happen no matter what broadhead is used. The animal is dead on it's feet whether there is a great trail or no, but it may take some work to find them :oops:

I'm not finding fault with you, I'm fairly sure that you'd agree with what I just said.
I did some research on this BH. There are many reviews on Cabelas and Bass Pro. As with most BH's, some love it, same hate it and many are in between. Many said that they actually liked the results but were surprised at the LACK of a good blood trail. Many said that it was only accurate at relatively short ranges. Lots said it tore the hell out of targets. Not good! :shock:

All in all, doesn't sound like the BH to end all BH's to me, but I've been wrong before! JMHO. :wink:
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Riflemanz wrote:No pics of the blood trail?This is a spitfire blood trail!
That's certainly some impressive blood. Unfortunately I don't have pics to post. Here are a couple things to consider: 1. I have no loyalty to any broadhead company. Quality and performance will speak for themselves. 2. I am not on Toxics payroll. 3. I get no benefit of any kind regardless of what broadheads you shoot or equipment you use. That being said I've shot spitfires and my results on hogs were very sad indeed. Did not hold up or penetrate. That's out of a pse exforce w/ a 350 ibo and a 470gr hit arrow. My results were nothing like the awesome performance you saw. I also shot a 3 blade rage at about a 100-120lbs boar hog...it didn't open. Hog died in a few steps but that's because I center punched the heart. Also, in my experience of shooting bison, bears, mule, white, blacktail, and fallow deer, elk, moose, audad....and so on I've never seen an animal give the ultimate penetration test better than a pure Russian wild boar. That shield they develope is unlike any of even the biggest and tuffest north american game...imho. The toxic broadheads have a 1" cut diameter but leave a better blood trail than heads with a much bigger cut diameter because of their radical design. I'd say keep an open mind and check or try them out. Wound channels cannot close up with these heads. Their design won't allow it. Anyway, I hope you all have great success with clean, fast, ethical kills with short blood trails that a half blind man could follow.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Lake shooter wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:After years of trying more broadheads than I have time to name, I've had the opportunity to use the new Toxic Broadheads. They come in 100-125gr and after shooting 2 big Russian hogs (almost 300lbs each) and a little guy (90-100lbs) I can tell you I've never seen a blood trail like this in my 37 years of hunting. I actually shot the 2 big bruisers with the same bolt and braodhead. I encourage you all to check them out. I can't imagine not using them on all my hunts.
In a word: no, it's not! :D In real estate it's location, location, location. Ethically harvesting big game animals is exactly the same if you add "shot" in front of all three of this words. I really like a huge blood trail too, but even when double lunged and running full speed that doesn't always happen no matter what broadhead is used. The animal is dead on it's feet whether there is a great trail or no, but it may take some work to find them :oops:
Well said. I respect that. Still, I maintain that my experience with them is what it is. It's a first person acount, not someone else's opinion. That is what I've seen and I've never seen anything like it. I'm sure there are an aweful lot of people that love spitfires or rage and wouldn't want anything else. My own experience is that they are probably the two worst heads I've shot to date. I guess I'm biased because of my results but if you're shooting something that's filling the freezer by all means, keep filling it...and I didn't notice excessive noise.
I'm not finding fault with you, I'm fairly sure that you'd agree with what I just said.
I did some research on this BH. There are many reviews on Cabelas and Bass Pro. As with most BH's, some love it, same hate it and many are in between. Many said that they actually liked the results but were surprised at the LACK of a good blood trail. Many said that it was only accurate at relatively short ranges. Lots said it tore the hell out of targets. Not good! :shock:

All in all, doesn't sound like the BH to end all BH's to me, but I've been wrong before! JMHO. :wink:
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

paulaboutform wrote:
Lake shooter wrote:
Well said. I respect that. Still, I maintain that my experience with them is what it is. It's a first person acount, not someone else's opinion. That is what I've seen and I've never seen anything like it. I'm sure there are an aweful lot of people that love spitfires or rage and wouldn't want anything else. My own experience is that they are probably the two worst heads I've shot to date. I guess I'm biased because of my results but if you're shooting something that's filling the freezer by all means, keep filling it...and I didn't notice excessive noise.

Paul, don't get the idea that we are slamming you. Its just that there are a lot of very good BH's out there and blood trails vary by where they are hit. Glad to hear that you have found the BH of your dreams. Good hunting! Aging
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It does not matter what you pass through a deers vitals, from a BB to a brick, it will perish, a broadhead just happens to be what is most efficient.
All that is left after that is your own confidence, and if you are confident in your broadhead than you did indeed find the deadliest one.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Pydpiper wrote:It does not matter what you pass through a deers vitals, from a BB to a brick, it will perish, a broadhead just happens to be what is most efficient.
All that is left after that is your own confidence, and if you are confident in your broadhead than you did indeed find the deadliest one.
Yup! Pyd nailed it. :D
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Everyone feels the broadhead they use is the best thing since sliced bread. If a broadhead works good for a person, they are happy and that's what counts! I did extensive testing with the Toxic BH and my results where all positive except that is is terriblely damaging to target stops. I never found it to 'whistle" no matter what speed I shot it with, from 285 up to 380FPS. I was thoroughly amazed at the size of the would channel , penetration and toughness of the Toxic.
Blood trail was great, BUT.... like any broadhead it all depends on where you hit them. A pass through at the top of the lungs can result in little blood trail as the chest cavity fills up with the blood.
Personally I really like the Toxic. Is it the best broadhead out there??? AGAIN A MATTER OF PERSONAL OPINION. It really hasn't been around long enough to get full exposure and lots of use.

Being the best is a matter of personal opinion, and everybody has their opinion of what is the best.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Waif

Post by Waif »

Congrats on finding a broadhead that stands out for you.
Maybe shaft too.
Nothings good with out a good demonstration in the world of sales, hoping next year to sell some boltcutters!
Keep up on letting lots of wet stuff out of critters and thanks for sharing your findings,keep us updated, them blades do look toxic! Not going to sew the hole up easy for sure.
Confidence in equipment leads to confidence in shot placement and vice versa.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Paul, sounds to me like you've taken more game than I ever will and that's fine, good on ya! You've been hunting 6 years longer than me and it sounds like you can afford to travel.

The first deer that I ever killed was with the old style Snuffer, and the blood trail made any pictured above look passé! Since that time I've tried many different models (although certainly not as many as you) hoping for a repeat of that blood trail performance, with fairly poor results, although the animals were stone cold dead not too far away! Half of those I've taken (including 4 weeks and 2 days ago)
left little to no blood trail even with a double lung pass through and one or two cut ribs, as described by the last poster!

I honestly don't believe that the holy grail of the "deadliest broadhead" exists, again, JMO. Most get the job done darn well when placed in the right spot!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Hey guys. What a lot of great chat on this topic. Thank you all. And yes, ; I'm stating my opinion. Nothing more. Based on my experience...and no, I certainly don't feel like I'm being slammed. I really do appreciate all the input and for the record, I was very skeptical when I first saw this bh. Oh, and yes it will absolutely destroy your targets in very short order. Unlike other bh's this one will cut 3 nice little 'tubes' through it with every shot. Devastating on my block and rhinehart but I guess that's what they're for. Target sellers will LOVE this bh.. Happy shooting everyone and thanks again for all the dialogue. :D