Coon hunters?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

doublelung911

Coon hunters?

Post by doublelung911 »

Does anyone on here hunt coon?

More specifically, does anyone use an AR style .22? What lights or other AR accessories are you using to hunt coon?

DL
They're there if you can get em'
mndoggie

Re: Coon hunters?

Post by mndoggie »

I live in a fairly populated area so I trap the coon found in my yard.

I do have the S&W M&P 15-22 version which is a .22 cal version of an AR15. All the controls work exactly like my "real" AR15.

I've had the 15-22 for more than two years. Works geat. Easy to mount accessories. Flashlight/rail mounts are ususally about $15-20 via Amazon, etc.
rayman

Post by rayman »

Coon hunting is a blast! Round here, you are allowed a single shot 22 with no fancy lights, no more. :)
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Bill T told me at Boofest, the 3 species he hates most are: Coons, Coyotes, and Liberals. :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

awshucks wrote:Bill T told me at Boofest, the 3 species he hates most are: Coons, Coyotes, and Liberals. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for sharing that - that's awesome! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Waif

Post by Waif »

Ah ha! one of the better parts of a miss spent youth.
Shooting the coon ends the fun. Sure does for it anyway.
The simpler the better out in the swamps and thick stuff.
Sorry I don,t and have not ran an AR platform on them,but could I and had the funds I would be tempted to have a back up lite for my back up lite.
Coon huntin is hard on them.All most a mystery how a lite can crap out at critical moments like dogs in river with a big coon and dogs owner up in tree after shaking coon out and headlamp quitting.Yep,while slackjawed kids keep there rinky dink lites on the battle in river. I was one of them kids.
Have fun! Careful of your eyes getting a branch or twig, wear real boots and don,t wear any cloths you want to wear to formal meetings in the future if your going in the thick stuff. :wink:
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.