Snowbirds & Ducks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

UPSMAN

Snowbirds & Ducks

Post by UPSMAN »

It seems that all the bitter weather in the Northlands has driven every retired Snowbird to Florida. The streets are clogged solid with all those friendly old geezers. I'm hoping the ducks followed all the old geezers to Florida. Guess I will find out in the morning. Boat is hooked up and guns are in the truck. If all goes well, I'll be putting the new A5 to work at sunrise. You guys throw another log on the fire and stay out of that Noreaster that I saw on the evening news. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Waif

Re: Snowbirds & Ducks

Post by Waif »

Go and thump some waterfowl!Buffet lunch after?(snicker)
Need a bus for poor birds next year then I can go.. :lol:
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Good luck tomorrow with the ducks. Just as a reminder...this is what they look like. :lol:
That's from Thanksgiving morning back home in Arkansas.

Here is a picture of a 'blonde' mallard hen we killed. The second picture has a normal colored hen for a comparison.
As usual, it was a fun week even with the horrible hunting weather.
DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

DuckHunt wrote:Good luck tomorrow with the ducks. Just as a reminder...this is what they look like. :lol:
That's from Thanksgiving morning back home in Arkansas.

Here is a picture of a 'blonde' mallard hen we killed. The second picture has a normal colored hen for a comparison.
As usual, it was a fun week even with the horrible hunting weather.
DuckHunt

I was in Stuttgart on opening weekend. We didn't see that many ducks the entire trip. Discovered that they don't fly when it's sleeting all day.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
SALTYDOG

Post by SALTYDOG »

I hear what you are saying....I have no duck's...But I will be driving my old man down(He is a geezer,#87yrs.old) doe's this count?...to Sanibel ,Island ,Fl. I have a place down there...Ready for the sunny day's and fishing! and I go right by Dover on RT #75(kind of)... :D
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

UPSMAN, not trying to hijack you here, but your sentiments on the "old geezers" brought back a memory. I helped drive a bus for a free dive trip years ago. We were in Clearwater..... which wound up being a joke, but I digress!

At one point we were out back in the alley filling tanks at a local scuba shop in a strip mall. The dude from the business next door opened his back door to have a smoke and we struck up a short talk. At one point I said "Man, I've never seen so many old folks in all my life"! He shook his head and said "Down here, we call this place God's waiting room"!!!!!!! :shock: :lol: 8) :wink:

I had to share. Good luck with the ducks, hope you slay 'em!!!! :twisted:
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

UPSMAN wrote: I was in Stuttgart on opening weekend. We didn't see that many ducks the entire trip. Discovered that they don't fly when it's sleeting all day.
I was born in Stuttgart. :) I grew up on the White River about 20 minutes East. We hunted on the White River National Wildlife Refuge on my old stomping grounds. In seven hunts we bagged 104 birds. We had two good days (30 & 34 ducks), but way more bad days (<10 ducks). It was way cold and way wet. We were wading around the duck hole breaking the ice off one morning just so we could put out the decoys. When we got ready to leave our decoy bag was frozen solid as a board. :shock: Fun times, but cold!

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

BTDT on the breaking ice, having everything freeze up and so forth, that's why I don't duck hunt anymore! :D