Matrix vs. Center Serving

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ptbuk

Matrix vs. Center Serving

Post by 8ptbuk »

How bad are the Matrix series bows on center serving ??? Worse than the Exomax ??? Equinox ??? Thanks
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
vixenmaster

Re: Matrix vs. Center Serving

Post by vixenmaster »

I don't think they are any worse, i feel at least equeal in lastin as the 225 pounders
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

My 355 is no worse than my Ibex used to be, but I did put a Trigger tech trigger on it. Think the 380 is a little harder on them though.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have not had any problems with the 380 eating servings, actually I'm quite surprised how well it does. IMHO it's better than the max or nox

I
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

one shot scott wrote:I have not had any problems with the 380 eating servings, actually I'm quite surprised how well it does. IMHO it's better than the max or nox

I
Me too, my 380 is easier on servings than my 200 lb bows.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
strum

Post by strum »

Boo wrote:
one shot scott wrote:I have not had any problems with the 380 eating servings, actually I'm quite surprised how well it does. IMHO it's better than the max or nox

I
Me too, my 380 is easier on servings than my 200 lb bows.
do you think this is partly because the matrix doesn't have such of an extreme string angle at full draw compared to the max or nox?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Boo

Post by Boo »

Not a clue Stan, maybe because of less string travel on cocking and the shot?
One of the things most of us are not aware of is the serving wear after the shot. The long limbed bows do a whole lot of oscillating after the shot. The old Relayer would wear the wooden deck where the string comes to rest.
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

No problems with mine :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I has issues with Excalibur flemish dyna flight string serving separating with my Equinox, but no issues with custom flemish strings using Brownells 0.036" crossbow serving..

My Matrix 355 custom flemish string serving with the same material listed above are tight, flawless and very little if any wear.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Dash

Post by Dash »

Boo wrote: The old Relayer would wear the wooden deck where the string comes to rest.
Not thinking clearly, I made a stupid mistake by making a replacement string for a mate with old wooden rail crossbow. I used "angel serving" which is hard as nails. It chewed into his antique wood rail like a wood file ..... :shock: :oops:
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

My Matrix 380 was hard on the stock string serving that came with the Matrix but I haven't had any issues with the Flemish string servings from Boo, Vixenmaster, and Xcaliber they have been holding up great. My 380 is now a 330 since I had the rail cut down and I'm having zero issues with serving wear.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dash wrote:
Boo wrote: The old Relayer would wear the wooden deck where the string comes to rest.
Not thinking clearly, I made a stupid mistake by making a replacement string for a mate with old wooden rail crossbow. I used "angel serving" which is hard as nails. It chewed into his antique wood rail like a wood file ..... :shock: :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: