Broadheads shoot Matrix 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

charlgen

Broadheads shoot Matrix 380

Post by charlgen »

I'm going be using the diablo arrows my 380 had for hunting and I don't want go crazy searching for broadhead . What's the best broad head to shoot ?? I like mechanical. Need some brands. Or fixed BH

Thank you
Normous

Re: Broadheads shoot Matrix 380

Post by Normous »

Considering your Diablos have light aluminum inserts up front I suggest the NAP FOC 170 grain 2 blade 3" cut expandable. This will give you sufficient FOC and FREAKING large holes in deer. I took two nice bucks this year using them out of my M380 and give them them an excellent review and continued use. Just my 2 cents.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
charlgen

Post by charlgen »

Holy Buck !!! Very nice !!
Alahunter

Post by Alahunter »

expandable the FOC 170 grain is best. for Fixed blade I have used the bolt cutter and it works well. I have used both with the Diablo bolts and both are very accurate. I have killed deer with both and the FOC gives a major blood trail while the bolt cutter gives an adequate blood trail. With both heads the deer recovery was around 50 yards. The FOC is not as durable as the boltcutter. The FOC heads do not hold up well to target shooting. Since the recovery distance was the same I decided to stick with the boltcutter since it is more durable. If it does not bother you to only use the head one time the FOC is a great bh that gives a major blood trail. This is my first year hunting with my new matrix 380 and I wanted to use the Diablo bolts as well so I chose these two heads since they added foc. The way I look at it why buy new bolts when you can just buy a heavier Broadhead for the diablos that come with the 380. My 380 came with an extra six pack of Diablos which gave me 10 total. Hope this information from my first year of experience is helpful for you. I read a lot of threads on here about broadheads in order to decide which kind I wanted as well.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

If you want the heavier foc, and my understanding is you do, aside from the toxic broadhead which only comes in 100-125gr, I've had great success with slick tricks which come in 150gr or 170gr.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I wanted a heavy fixed blade broadhead for my 18" Easton 2219 aluminum arrows with Bohning Blazer vanes. I tried Slick Trick 150gr Xbow broadheads, but they planned badly.

I finally found NAP 170gr Thunderhead broadheads. They give me a combined weight of 470grs 15% FOC. They shoot the same POI as the supplied field points.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
wilkster

Post by wilkster »

i have been using the diablo bolts with the alluminock and with out, fixed BH wasp sledgehammer 150gr ,they tune exceptional to the diablo bolt saying that they shoot real well out of the matrix 380/355 which is designed to shoot diablo with 150gr, a good balance, we were able to take big game out to 50yrd with complete pass threw on all 4 animals taken
ds762

Post by ds762 »

I used NAP HellRazors and they seem to work just fine ..
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Although the factory arrows were "OK", I prefer The Best. So, ordered up a handful from Big John. Could not be any Happier with their Performance!
Total weight "dressed" is 395 grains. That's tipped with a 125 grain Spitfire mechanical. Pinpoint Accurate and DEADLY on deer :wink:

That said, I may have to try that new 125 grain Toxic over the coming months...

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."