VixChix?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Gwen's Dilemma

VixChix?

Post by Gwen's Dilemma »

Monica, Haven't seen any posts from you for quite a while. They are always so positive and upbeat. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Dave
VixChix

Re: VixChix?

Post by VixChix »

I'm still here! :) I was trying to stay caught up on the forum posts - but I've fallen behind.

Had a couple of rough months as I'd become unemployed. Had to make some difficult decisions. It was a bit of a rollercoaster ride! :D

I'm now working 2 part-time jobs (3 if you include watching kids in the mornings before school).

I've just started working at McMaster Sports at the local ski hill. I used to teach skiing - many years (and many pounds!) ago, so it's really cool to be around the hill again. The manager there has me working almost every spare day so my weekends and many evenings are booked now until mid-March.

My other new job which I started this week is a true Christmas miracle! I had been hoping to find a position which would allow me continue to be there for my son and the other kids I babysit in the mornings before school - but I was willing to take just about any job that came along. A friend passed my resume along to one of her connections - a church looking for an administrative assistant. I got the job!

I will be working 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. for a better wage I was making at my last job! YAY! This job also includes a shutdown for 6 wks in the summer and 1 wk off over Christmas - how PERFECT is that for someone with a school age child?!?!?! I won't have to scramble for childcare or put Ben in camps for most of the summer as I've done in the past. Everyone I've met at the new job is so kind and friendly! It's such a delightful contrast to my last place of work which really wasn't a pleasant place to be at all.

The next few months will be a bit crazy as there will be days where I will be running home from work to meet Ben after school, then as soon as Tim comes home I'll be out the door again to the next job, then come home in time to fall into bed, and then do it all again the next day. But the extra income will help us play catch-up and by turkey season things will be more sane again. :D

I'm overwhelmed with joy at the way things have turned out. Things seemed pretty dark and difficult a few weeks ago and I wasn't sure how this Christmas would turn out. I know many of you have found yourselves in that position at some point in your life as well! God had something better in mind - it just took a while to develop. :D I'm truly amazed at this new job - that I can continue to be around for my son before AND after school is such a blessing. I'm deeply grateful!

Long story... Sorry! :oops:

I haven't been out hunting much lately even though I haven't been working, I've been spending time helping my Mother as her health hasn't been good lately.

I'm hunting tomorrow though! :D A friend Darryl, asked if I could get away tomorrow for the evening so I am planning to sneak out for a hunt along with Tara ("Bugs"). Can't wait! A lot can happen in a couple of hours and I'm hoping for one more Christmas miracle: that Tara or I manage to connect with a deer. But even if we don't see any deer I know I'm going to enjoy every minute sitting in the blind hoping. That's the good stuff!

I'll keep reading the forum posts and look forward to getting caught up here! :D

Thanks for your kind thoughts! I hope you're enjoying a good deer season and will have a blessed Christmas season as well!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Gwen's Dilemma

Post by Gwen's Dilemma »

Know the head games of losing a job. Super that you have landed on your feet. "Good things happen to good people" I truly believe that. Your mom's illness must have put even more emotional load on you. Hope that works out well, and a Merry and Blessed Christmas and a great 2014 to you and your family also. Just so you know, I had coronary bypass last year and a couple of your posts at that time picked me up, Thanks.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Nothing but the best of luck and blessings for a very classy lady this holiday season. With your pluck and determination there is no doubt about your future employment.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

We haven't exchanged posts before, I don't think. This seems to be a good time to do it.

Congratulations on the new job(s). I hope you find them rewarding in all the good ways a job should be.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Great to hear your working! Haven't read much you :D . Good luck hunting!!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
maple

Post by maple »

Yes Monica, you have been missed!

It must be karma that you got that job (jobs), or a Christmas miracle, or perseverence, or, as was said, good things happen to good people. We wouldn't want it any other way.

Glad TPM is making (letting) you go hunt. Bet he and Ben will be all excited. Say hi to Bugs too!!

Post soon.
Don't look at the antlers!! And don't look him in the eye!!

2002 Exomag
Custom wood stock with a lot of notches in it
Big John arrows
Loving every minute of it.
The only thing better than a dog, is two dogs.

Maple
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Boy, howdy! Glad to hear things are looking up for my favorite gal from Boofest. Sorry, Laura :oops: lololol.
"Eze 18:21"
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Glad to hear the new job is working out for you. Get your schedule ironed out before turkey season starts so you can spend some time in the woods. Gobble Gobble :lol: :lol: It will be here before you know it.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

VixChix, congrats on the new jobs.Hope everything works out for y'all. Being home with the kiddo is great.They grow up fast, cherish it all. Y'all have a very Merry Christmas.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

You have a great attitude, good luck in the coming year! :wink:
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

awshucks wrote:
Boy, howdy! Glad to hear things are looking up for my favorite gal from Boofest. Sorry, Laura :oops: lololol.
I hear ya Dan, as much as everyone was great, she was the first to greet me at Boofest two years ago and introduced me to everyone and make me feel like part of the gang, not to mention she let Tim use her x-bow to show us how strong and well built Excals are with his bow vs van demonstration LOL

Glad all work out for you Monica!!!
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Good to hear from ya Moni ! ... Yep life can be a rollercoaster > had my share this year as well > but I'm a firm beliver of " What does'nt kill ya . makes ya stronger " !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

R.J. wrote:...but I'm a firm beliver of " What does'nt kill ya . makes ya stronger " !
Perfect timing R.J.! Getting stronger by the hour! :lol: :lol: :lol:
This morning I had our mandatory 10 yr oil furnace inspection done. Turns out now we need a chimney liner - $1000 +/-. So they gave us a 3 month inspection extension to allow us decide whether to do the chimney liner or make the leap and switch to a gas furnace. We also had the oil tank filled - close to $1000 for that. OUCH. I think I need to look for one more job! LOL

Stronger and stronger! :D

Life is good. I can work and in just a few hours I'm going hunting!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Waif

Post by Waif »

VixChix wrote:
R.J. wrote:...but I'm a firm beliver of " What does'nt kill ya . makes ya stronger " !
Perfect timing R.J.! Getting stronger by the hour! :lol: :lol: :lol:
This morning I had our mandatory 10 yr oil furnace inspection done. Turns out now we need a chimney liner - $1000 +/-. So they gave us a 3 month inspection extension to allow us decide whether to do the chimney liner or make the leap and switch to a gas furnace. We also had the oil tank filled - close to $1000 for that. OUCH. I think I need to look for one more job! LOL

Stronger and stronger! :D

Life is good. I can work and in just a few hours I'm going hunting!
Fuel oil ran me more in maintenance.Filters,nozzles,were normal yearly.
Propane was clean but costly.Currently running natural gas as it was run here in hopes of future development I guess, and am really liking it! With high efficiency it vents through plastic pipe out sidewall.
Cost is much better too.Comparisons would be required where you are to see if its similar if available.
Hook it to a outdoor grill and no more watching fuel level a bonus.
Good luck!
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.