RAGE bh AND THE MATRIX 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

captbo

RAGE bh AND THE MATRIX 380

Post by captbo »

I have read that the Matrix 380 can cause the Rage BH to open prior to impact and fact here?
Normous

Re: RAGE bh AND THE MATRIX 380

Post by Normous »

Rage 3 blade have always performed very well for me. Two things I do:
1) Check blade seating before loading them on deck.
2) I use a dental elastic on the upper to prevent blades from unseating.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

+1 on the dental elastic.

I have never had an issue with my Rage heads after adding the elastics.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

I know that lots of folks love this BH, but I had to premature openings in two shots with one badly hit deer and a long recovery and one miss. Never again. :?
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

Lake shooter wrote:I know that lots of folks love this BH, but I had to premature openings in two shots with one badly hit deer and a long recovery and one miss. Never again. :?
Were the premature openings with, or without, dental elastics?

I had a premature opening before I put the elastics on (well, I think it was a premature opening...there was no other reason for a miss at that range, though a deflection is another possible option), but have been dead on (in everny sense of the word) with Rages since I added the elastics.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Stock everything, but I was in the habit of looking at the BH that was currently on my bow every 15 minutes or so just to make sure that the blades were seated all the way. I never trusted the POS O rings that came on them, and for good reason. Rage knows damn well there's a serious problem as they have now gone to a "shock collar for proper blade retention" on many models, something that they preached was never a problem!!! :evil:

There's absolutely no doubt when you have a premature deployment: at the shot your arrow sounds like a small helicopter or quail taking off and doesn't go or hit where aimed!! :shock:
Normous

Post by Normous »

Rage 3's never opened premature on 11 deer I killed using them. They were leaving my hopped up Equinox at 357 fps and never failed me. I don't know what happened in your case Lake shooter...odd :?:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Don't know either, but I've looked around enough to know that it's not just now and then. I'll never tell anyone to use this or that as it's the best, blah, blah, blah, but Rage has had it's chance with me! :wink:
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Just took a doe with with my Matrix 355 using the Rage 125g 2 blade with the new collar. It was a quartering to me shot and it seemed fly and deploy just fine. I've been using the 125g NAP XP pro's for several years with good success and decided to try the new Rage for myself. I'd use them again.
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

captbo wrote:I have read that the Matrix 380 can cause the Rage BH to open prior to impact and fact here?
I have read that to. I am shooting the NEW rage head for crossbows with the collar and have not experienced that.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ