Here's what's sad

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Geodehunter

Here's what's sad

Post by Geodehunter »

Living here in the state of confusion (Illinois) we have a 200lb max draw weight for our crossbows. All of the Matrix line and now the Mega we can't use any of them. Depressing that's for sure.
In God I Trust!!!
Hunt hard & Hunt safe, Robbie
maine hunter

Re: Here's what's sad

Post by maine hunter »

We have the same law in Maine. Sad!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Sounds like more intelligent politics in the mix! :evil:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup any state that has a max. poundage limit is a Political run of the Game & Fish Depts.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

On the bright side the 200lb. Excals are sweet bows! Some veteran members here think they are the best Excal has made to date.Plenty of speed and not so hard on servings and not so tough to cock. Those politicos are just taking unwanted temptations away and watching out for your pocketbook. :lol:
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

They should change the laws to KE instead of LBS....who said politicians are bright?..yup.. Dumb law..a crossbow is a crossbow..whether 90lbs. Or 290 lbs...ought to be a minimum weight law..not max...sorry to hear.
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

WOW!!! I've never heard of such a thing and I'm from B.C. Canada where it's all _ss backwards. I'm really sorry to hear that and I hope they change.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Politicians and bureaucrats specialize in making the obvious uncipherable and simple concepts and jobs difficult! :evil: That's what happens with committees and "compromise"!!! :roll: 8) Even well intentioned ideas become crap after they pass through such things.........

Just like civilians mucking up military campaigns, having non hunting and fishing types who are totally ignorant when it comes to anything beyond the board room, computer screen or campaign trail, nothing good ever comes from such asinine concepts. "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"!
ohioexocetfan

Post by ohioexocetfan »

Ask Excal to send you down a Exocet 200 sticker for the side of your bow... problem solved. :lol:
THE ORIGINAL
Exocet 200
100g 1" Slick Tricks
GTII w/ 2" Blazer vanes
Boo "Ohio State" string

THE UPGRADE
Matrix 380
Hawke Pro 30
100g 2" Swhackers
18" Executioners w/ 2" Blazers
Mike Collins string
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

I know what you mean. Try living in N.J. :roll: w/ the impossibly complicated and senseless gun laws which do nothing to prevent a criminal act of violence w/ a gun because those acts are commited by criminals who dont care about any laws anyway. :roll:
Similar to your states crossbow poundage law. What the heck is the difference what the max # is?! I can understand a minimum # crossbow. But max??? :roll:
Tom :wink:
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

It sucks but the reputation of Chicago sets the standards of laws on anything with a trigger and they cant let the one of the state do one thing and the north end do something else
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
lovelight

Post by lovelight »

Has anyone in IL been checked in the field for max draw weight? I'm not saying anyone should flaunt the rules but I've only ever seen the low end checked on vertical bows.