OLDER HUNTERS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: OLDER HUNTERS

Post by amythntr »

....AT 57...got me a game cart...we had a little joke with this at the homestead...you see, we go to a campground in Maine in August for a spell and my wife has always complained about dragging the laundry to the campground laundrymat...not wanting to hurt my back or shoulders more than what they are I told her I got her a laundry cart (er game cart)...the boys played along with it also....for some reason she was not amused as I tried to tie it into being part of her Christmas present....she surely didn't buy it...

...in any event, it was in the hunting vehicle the whole season..we hardly used it....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
maple

Post by maple »

64 and counting. So far, so good.

The first senior's discount I ever got was at 55 at the snowboarding hill. They they referred to me as the elderly snowboarder - not flattering. I try to keep active. No chronic disabilitating injuries, but close. Touch wood.

Guess I'm stubborn (or a cheapskate). No 4 wheeler, no tractor. Most often I hunt alone. In an "emergency" I can call the farmer, but haven't yet.

In this neck of the woods, bucks grow to 290 lbs. Gut 'em and drag 'em is the common course.

Only once have I had to hoist a deer up a tree and come back the next day to haul it out. Although I did recently gut and skin a doe, shouldered it, and carried it out. Other than that, it's pull and rest, pull and rest.

It seems the best option would be to get one of those slick plastic carpets.
Don't look at the antlers!! And don't look him in the eye!!

2002 Exomag
Custom wood stock with a lot of notches in it
Big John arrows
Loving every minute of it.
The only thing better than a dog, is two dogs.

Maple
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

54 and just started useing a sled 2 years ago and when i can,t use that i,ll have to try this outImage
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen