matrix 380 came today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pinesap

matrix 380 came today

Post by Pinesap »

Hi to everyone! i got my new matrix today set it up and sighted it in. dead on at 30 yards thats as far as i shot today. I'm used to a mathews zmax, this is so loud to me but with this speed i guess i just need to shoot it and get used to it. i really like it.
amythntr

Re: matrix 380 came today

Post by amythntr »

Welcome aboard Pinesap....I think that you will be very pleased with the Matrix 380...mine has shot dead nuts out to 60 yards and that is with the 150 grain field tips and the 18" Diablos....looking forward to winter bow which begins on New Years Day....

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Pinesap

Post by Pinesap »

what for broadheads are you using? i just bought the 150 bolt cutters . i have a lot of G5 100gr but i don't have a target that i can shoot them into yet.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on yer nice Matrix
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

Wait until you shoot a deer with it!!!! :D
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I'm so jealous! Got my matrix 380 and the scope was defective. Got the new scope mounted and it stopped raining today so I started shooting it today only to find I was getting about 2 1/2" - 3" groups at 30 yards???? Checked my limb tiller only to discover that it's different on each side. It's out between 1/16"- 1/8"! Then the telltale different jaw marks on my center serving. To the inside of the rail on one side and the outside of the rail on the other side. Now I need to wait for new limbs for my new bow :( I can't wait to get to really play with my new bow! Manufacturers could hire me to check for factory flaws because if there are any, it'll be on my equipment. Oh yeah, I was shooting on the flat in my yard with no wind, on a table, of a gun rest. Anyway, Congratulations on your new bow. I'm sure you'll love it cuz I'm sure I just took the one lemon out of circulation. :wink:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Alahunter

Post by Alahunter »

Congrats on your new 380 you will love it. You will be pleased with the boltcutters. I use them they are very accurate and a short recovery with a good shot placement.
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

Pinesap wrote:Hi to everyone! i got my new matrix today set it up and sighted it in. dead on at 30 yards thats as far as i shot today. I'm used to a mathews zmax, this is so loud to me but with this speed i guess i just need to shoot it and get used to it. i really like it.

Here are 4 things you could do to quiet down the 380:

1. Use X-Factor limb silencers. The X is facing forward - out on the limbs about 9 to 11 inches measured from the limb end out to the limb tip (where string attaches).

2. Use a Flemish string (Dyna Flight 97 for string and Angel Majesty for serving) made by none other than Danny Miller himself. Set the brace height at 3/4" and keep it there.

3. Wrap the stirrup from end to end in 5 yards of 3 inch wide 3M self-adhesive athletic bandage and place an X-Factor limb silencer on each 90 degree corner with the X facing up. Make multiple passes until the tape runs out.

4. Take the quiver off while hunting

That should give you around 350 fps with 18" BEE's and 100 grain field point / broadhead. Set your scope to 350 mark and test it on target from rest. Enjoy your 380.
Last edited by SixLomaz on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QLOPS - Qualified Licensed Official Pot Stirrer

"Hunting with Id10ts can and will kill you." This is the reason I prefer to hunt alone.
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

Pinesap wrote:what for broadheads are you using? i just bought the 150 bolt cutters . i have a lot of G5 100gr but i don't have a target that i can shoot them into yet.
I use WASP Boss 100 grain. They are best on my bow and crossbow. When I do my part the deer do not get too far from initial shot position. I think that Boltcutters are made by WASP or copied from their products. Also, I can tell you that they do not index well to the vanes as the WASP original does.

"Hunting with Id10ts can and will kill you." This is the reason I prefer to hunt alone.
Adelmo

Post by Adelmo »

Which Wasp Boss do you shoot (crossbow-red or std version )?
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

Adelmo wrote:Which Wasp Boss do you shoot (crossbow-red or std version )?
Both. The only difference is the color.