Slick Tricks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rattlerun

Slick Tricks

Post by rattlerun »

Up until last year, I was using 100 grain S.T. magnums with Tenpoint Lazer II crossbow and they flew quite well. This past spring I bought a Matrix 355. Arrows are GoldTip III Pro's, 18 in., Blazer vanes with helical , Firenoks, and 112 grain lock and load inserts. About 418 grain total. Speed was about 315 fps. I could not seem to get decent grouping, so I opted to 100 grain Grim Reaper mechanicals. They seemed to fly and group OK. I only took one shot this season and was not real happy with the performance with the GR's. No pass through,bent ferrel and all 3 blades ruined. Thinking about going back to Slick Tricks only with 125 grain magnums. I know I will lose some speed, but do you think that a heavier 125 head might group better that the lighter 100 head.
paulaboutform

Re: Slick Tricks

Post by paulaboutform »

Why don't you try the regular st's.? The only difference is that the Magnums have a slightly larger cut diameter. This can also affect flight. I would suggest the regular slick tricks...or if you're interested try the toxic broadheads. I was a HUGE st fan but have switched to toxics after some awesome results. Good luck with whatever you choose. Keep us updated.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Mtnfun

Re: Slick Tricks

Post by Mtnfun »

I am shooting 125 gr spitfires with my 355 using BEE and 92 gr insert. Flew great with great results this yr
I am shooting 100gr strikers with same arrow out of my 380 and shoot very good. Hunting tomorrow so maybe I will be able to report back with results. Lol.