phasing them out ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

phasing them out ?

Post by strum »

I looked a Wyverns and they have the Matrix bows listed and the two SMF bows.
None of the others..I guess this is an indicator of where the older models are going. not a bad thing I guess but you can bet the price on the used ones will be falling.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
vixenmaster

Re: phasing them out ?

Post by vixenmaster »

As the parts inventory drys up the models that used them will drop from production. Yer Mag tip limbed models value will drop to half or 1/3rd of their retailed value. Decent carved tip limb wid cast risers will hold their value with in reason
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

Be very interesting to see what the Vixen and Ibex get replaced with.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I don't think anyone can say that they will fall let alone how much. In the business world price is based on how much money buyers have and how scarce the object in question is. There is a limitless supply (sort of) of new bows but a limited number of used bows.
I think a whole bunch of people will sell their old bows but I think if the price is low they'll keep them causing the price to stay up. I know I have to sell a couple of bows just to make room for new bows. :shock:
Psssst wanna buy a bow? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll be auctioning off at least 2 bows at Boofest 2014.

Edit to add:I guess one good question is what is the price of a used bow? There are some pretty unrealistic prices asked on the Trading post and those prices will go down for sure.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Waif

Post by Waif »

Seen some used models locally (Michigan) priced all right,one made me excited but I managed to leave it alone. :cry:
Great crossbows are going to retain value,especially to those who know them.
While I,m not looking to accumulate numbers of them, an older model or two would be irresistible at a certain price point and I,m sure others would be happy also. When those who realize their equipment refer first time cross bow shoppers to used models... value should stay maintained not far from todays units on used market as some folks upgrade.
In time most things man made phase one way or another.
Years from now some of the old models still going to be spitting arrows!
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Boo- I think the used Exomax for $850. is priced right. Then he can buy a new Matrix 380 with the money. Seen a used Phoenix sell for $750. the other day. :wink: Maybe prices are going up now. :D
Boo

Post by Boo »

wheelie wrote:Boo- I think the used Exomax for $850. is priced right. Then he can buy a new Matrix 380 with the money. Seen a used Phoenix sell for $750. the other day. :wink: Maybe prices are going up now. :D
Kevin, the Exomax Open sights: $729.99 MSRP or Exomax with Vari-Zone Lite-Stuff Package: $929.99 MSRP I think $850 is a bit too high or lets say I wouldn't pay it.

The Phoenix with Open Sights at: $569.99 MSRP
or the Phoenix with Vari-Zone Lite-Stuff Package: $749.99 MSRP
I think someone got a bridge with the $750 Pheonix. :lol: :lol: :lol:
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Last September I sold off my 2012 Equinox package with no scope, plus some accessories for $700 shipped. I had it on a ebay auction, but no bids. The auction ended and I received a message with an offer of $700. I was all too happy to make the sale without ebay or paypal involved, so zero fees for them. The person wired me the money and upon receiving I shipped out the Equinox for $28.00.

I then bought my Matrix 355 for $667.80 from Dunham's out the door price including sales tax. I really wanted the more compact Matrix 355, so I couldn't pass up this opportunity. Best decision I ever made with no money loss.

The longer limbed mag tipped crossbows will be even tougher to sell this year and coming years without a loss.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:I'm with Boo on this one, if the market gets flooded, the price will fall, but if inventories are limited, and there is still demand, prices will be stable. Sellers do have to be realistic too however.
The law of supply and demand.
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

FWIW I'll keep my 'old' bow rather than give it away. Always good to have a backup ready to go in case you need it.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
roly

Post by roly »

I would not argue the value of a used item.

The trouble is it's really only worth what someone is willing to pay.
$850. is not what I am willing to pay, for a few hundred more I can get a new Matrix

It's just my opinion but I think the new line of bows will force the selling prices down regardless of their value.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Kegbelly wrote:FWIW I'll keep my 'old' bow rather than give it away. Always good to have a backup ready to go in case you need it.
I think that's exactly the intellegent thinking of the majority will be!
strum

Post by strum »

I offered my exocet at what I "thought" was a fair price.. It didn't sell :shock:
I have more in it than I offered it for too. so for now ill hang on to it..its not eating anything :lol:
money is tight so I cant run out and buy a matrix buuuuttttt if I could I think I would like the 330...of course the 405 is awesome!!!!
I guess the saying now will be . " I own a 405 because they don't make a 406" :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Will be interesting to see if support for the older models starts to be phased out as well.
Time will tell.
Should be interesting also how this whole retooling of the Excalibur brand plays out.
I have learned to be cautious the hard way I bought 2012 Fury, which was touted as the way of the future in crossbows. On the surface was very impressive then time proved otherwise. Which in turn the manufacturer was unable to recover from.

I'll sit this feeding frenzy out for now.
My Equinox does the job perfectly for now.
So if in time I feel the need for a replacement at least the decision will be based on fact rather speculation.
I see Excalibur as a company in transition with it’s New Owner following a completely new direction when it comes to it's product line.
I for one hope they don't lose sight of what got them to where they are now.
Last edited by colouredchameleon on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I dont know where the price is going when all these new bows hit the market but you can get an Exomax from amazon right now for 429.26 !!! Thats amazing !!!! My guess is the price will drop some and after a few years they'll be phased out . Just my opion . :D
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]