Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mbc4

Re: Tell me if I'm Wrong (long)

Post by mbc4 »

that is why i don't hunt pa anymore :x
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
ch312

Post by ch312 »

It's public land which means neither hunter has anymore right to be there than the other and the first come first serve "rule" doesn't exist and is more of a word of mouth and common courtesy thing.

It's very possible that this was his first hunting experience and the guy was clueless. I'm thinking he could have benefited from a mature conversation to educate him. But, rather than be mature about it and walk the 60 yards to have a conversation with the guy, possibly educating the guy and making a new hunting buddy, you decided to act the way you did. This waving, smoking, and hissy fit lasted over a 20+ minute period when it could have been corrected by taking about 3-4 minutes to walk over to the guy???

And since you specifically asked for opinions whether you were wrong or not....

No, you're not wrong for being annoyed. Yes, you were very wrong for the way you acted. .
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Point taken. Not to argue, ch312, but it IS written on the WMA permit you sign and must have in your possession that it's 1st come 1st serve. But I agree, it's pretty meaningless if people don't understand and respect that. And yeah I could have handled it differently, I've had time to think about it. But at the time I was highly pissed, the guy was on the opposite side of the field facing me, how do I know he wont shoot towards me? You might think differently but that's a big hell no in my book. I figured we'd both be better off if we didnt get face to face with each other and a "mature conversation" possibly turns into an altercation real fast, the fact that he wouldnt leave and apparently didnt think anything of having another hunter in his line of fire made me wonder how he'd react if I approached him about it. I did actually think about doing that. But IMO I didnt throw a hissy fit, I was waving my hat at him to let him know someone was already in the area and I figured the guy would get the message and move on. Thanks for the honest input.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
ohioexocetfan

Post by ohioexocetfan »

I hunt down here in Ohio... had a run-in with a guy and his son. It got rather heated... guns on our hips, him yelling at me, etc. He had been drinking and was doing a quick push through a woods I had hunted since I was a kid. I got upset and told him to pull out his permission slip because I had mine in my wallet. Long story short, everyone calmed down and it all worked out. As I was walking away he says "here" and hands me my ATV keys that he had taken out of my machine before we met back in the woods. The nerve of some people :roll:
THE ORIGINAL
Exocet 200
100g 1" Slick Tricks
GTII w/ 2" Blazer vanes
Boo "Ohio State" string

THE UPGRADE
Matrix 380
Hawke Pro 30
100g 2" Swhackers
18" Executioners w/ 2" Blazers
Mike Collins string
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

The nerve of some people
A different ending......Back in 04 or so [pre Excal days] I wanted to hunt an 8300 acre turkey spot open to the public about 4 mi from my place. I was warned the locals wouldn't take me being there kindly.

Sooo.... I went anyway. There's enough space to park about 6 pickups at the gate. There were 2-3 trucks already there.

I sat in the brush watching my truck. I had a Win 97 w/ me. The 2nd guy who came out was bent down by my tire when I 'racked' the slide.

He looked at me and I said "Wallet". Then "drivers license." Then I got his phone number. When he asked why I wanted it I told him.

"When I decide to come back, I'll call you so you can watch my truck". :mrgreen:

I later found a 160 acre private property and got permission to hunt it, so I never called him......
"Eze 18:21"
Waif

Post by Waif »

Oh I get it! you was huntin turkeys. l.o.l..
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Yes, I was. :mrgreen: I didn't learn til later about the 160 acre private property in the upper left corner of this pic.

I spent 3 days in Scott County finding the owner, who gave me permission to hunt it.

This pic is a result of the: NTWF, AR F&G and the NTFS going in cahoots to provide a turkey hunting area.

I [separate story] have an AR disabled Hunters license. I fought the NFS on this for years. The local office of the NFS doesn't make allowances for disabilities.

I asked what the sloped ramp to their office in Mena and the handi-capped bathroom meant.

Then, I found the private property. It's entrance is designated as M24A, while the scene of my former story is designated as M24.

I gave up. M24A goes back 2.3 mi, and has a slight hook-up W/ M24. So, in other words, I could accesss the 8300 acres on M24A, tie in 2.3 mi back onto M24, and caste my fate to the winds, lol.

Somewhere along the time involved w/ all of this, I gave up hunting, more or less.

edited to ad: I live by the 'E' in Eagleton.
"Eze 18:21"