Had a bow stolen, keep an eye out please.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: Had a bow stolen, keep an eye out please.

Post by wheelie »

Sorry to hear this Piper but I always remember the words from my father as a retired cop. "If you get robed once, they will be back because they know there will be new stuff next time". :cry:
ch312

Post by ch312 »

Ouch, that really sucks!

You still in the same house where I met you that one time? If so, I know a couple people who live out there with family members who run with the wrong crowd who would likely hear about it if someone is trying to sell it. I can't help but think that one of your neighbors who knows you're into hunting was just waiting for the right opportunity.

Here's to hoping they hear something and I get to deliver your bow back to you...after I've had some "words" with the thief of course. :wink: :lol:
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

That's bad news u must have been shocked !!! Hope u get it back and teach the scumbag a lesson
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
huntman

Post by huntman »

Do you have any problems with your neighbours Dave??
Dash

Post by Dash »

Bloody pond scum !!! Sorry to hear that mate. I hope you catch up with it and possibly find who was behind it. Any Kids in the neighborhood that would take advantage of an opportunity like that?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I waited a couple days before posting this, one to cool down a bit, and two, to see if it popped up for sale.
I have been in this house 17 years, I have one neighbour, an honest and wealthy retired tobacco farmer.
However, to one side of my house is a dive motel, it was vacant when we bought the house and now is home to "monthly" tenants. It was the first thing the OPP noticed when he pulled in my driveway.
Too easy to point fingers, so I wont.
I have the word out in local shops, and watching Kijiji too.
Not looking for sympathy, my own fault I didn't take more precautions, but I would like to find the guy who came up my driveway with those intentions.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Best of luck David on hunting down this piece of crap. No reason what so ever for someone to get away with crap like that. You could buy again and let it be known that you have a brand new bow with all the bells and whistles and setup your game camera and setup a trap for the scum. A little off season hunting?
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Man do I hate theft for sure- I hope and pray you or the law catch whomever took it from you.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Sorry David, that is pretty sad! That or those individuals are pretty ***--ed up!! Karma is a bitch what comes around goes around.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Normous

Post by Normous »

Time for a tall non see through fence on the edge of your property so the Motel dwellers can't watch your private life.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I am sorry to read of your travails. I sincerely hope that you aren't in line for any of the stuff that happened to Ian Thompson. (Google him, or here's a link to a news article....)

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/tag/ian-thomson/

If your neighbourhood is in decline, the first thing I suggest is setting up motion detector cameras. Lots of them. Fence your property. Get a dog.

Seriously.

The motion detector cameras are to provide you with proof that YOU are the victim. If Ian hadn't had camera evidence, he would have been convicted.

The law is not an ass. It's a perverse ass.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

Sorry to hear that, Can't say that I could help out from where I live but I feel for ya man; Hope you catch the little bastard..
joe171

Post by joe171 »

Hopefully Dave you are insured ..........get the local police involved with a report !

Joe
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

Theft is an ugly habit and leaves the victim with a bitter feeling. The victim is also left with a ton of suspicions, while the thief gets away with a sin. I have been personally robbed in my own driveway and fenced backyard 3 times. Every time I learned something new and corrected the situation preventing a similar future event. In the end I placed motion cameras, better night lights, and got a dog. To wash away that bitter feeling I prefer to accept that in life there are times when one takes, and times when one gives as there is a balance. It was my time to give a "charitable donation" and I move on. The insurance always covers the loss with pro-rated cash if receipt and police report is presented. Just move on and let it go before it eats you inside out. It is just a replaceable object.
QLOPS - Qualified Licensed Official Pot Stirrer

"Hunting with Id10ts can and will kill you." This is the reason I prefer to hunt alone.
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

Easier said than done Sixlomaz... I know what it takes to make a buck, I'll be damned if I could just " let it go"... Replaceable yes, but on who's dime?