Steddy Eddy adaptable for the Matrix Line?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Steddy Eddy adaptable for the Matrix Line?

Post by amythntr »

As many on this forum might be aware , TenPoint Crossbows sells a monopod system specifically designed for their Xbow's. This monopod travels with the Xbow and secures to the bottom of it when not in use. It can be used as a traditional monopod or against one's belt area to provide a secure, stable and steady rest for freestyle shooting.

From time to time i have seen discussions on various forum's (including this one) about how one has adapted to be used on other brands of Xbows including the Excalibur line (older models).

I would like to know if anyone has adapted to be used on their Matrix and, if so, specifically how and what did they use to adapt it.

Thanks,
Anthony

PS...I know that there are a lot of opinions both pro and con on using with, carrying and attaching anything to their Xbow...but I am solely curious if anyone actually has adapted it for use on their Matrix
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
yooper_man

Re: Steddy Eddy adaptable for the Matrix Line?

Post by yooper_man »

I read your post, so I looked up and found a video for the steddyeddy.
http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/shop/s ... asp?id=111

I was trying to understand how it was attached. Tenpoint has a proprietary mount built-in for use on only thier crossbows. I also found a mounting boss kit.
http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/shop/s ... asp?id=403

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Thanks Andrew....everything you cited I was aware of and found during my surfing....My question was, "has anyone adapted it and actually used it"....from the number hits and lack of replies i think I have my answer.

Its a shame because it appears to be a very good system and would be great if it could be used with very little effort or annoyance. I just didn't want to be the one to blaze the trail and throw more money at something I might not ever be able to use properly....

Thanks,

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Buck Burke

Post by Buck Burke »

My steddy Eddy is a great monopod and I had to have it on my Matrix 380.So I added a Tac Bracket w/ quiver bracket from Excalibur to my Matrix.This gave me an attachment point for mounting a quick detach mounting block made by American Defense (#AD ROMR-co) which I purchased from Midway USA item# 515824.I added a additional thickness to the inside of the AD mount drilled 1/4 inch centered hole replaced the 1/4 x 20 threaded stud from ball attachment on the steddy eddy with a 1/4 x 20 button head machine bolt.Assemble ball socket to AD block with 1/4x20 bolt lock washer on inside of AD block and some thread lock.Now I have a quick detach very solid 1 generation Steddy Eddy for my Matrix.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Sounds great Buck Burke...I think as more people check this out and get past having something attached to their XB we will see more of this...I have a call into TP to see if they are going to market attachment workarounds for other manufacturers....Lets face it....being out in the field all day and then missing a shot because you couldn't keep it steady....well lets just say, "that's no fun."

Thanks for your detailed response,

Anthony

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
wcbarker

Post by wcbarker »

Buck Burke wrote:My steddy Eddy is a great monopod and I had to have it on my Matrix 380.So I added a Tac Bracket w/ quiver bracket from Excalibur to my Matrix.This gave me an attachment point for mounting a quick detach mounting block made by American Defense (#AD ROMR-co) which I purchased from Midway USA item# 515824.I added a additional thickness to the inside of the AD mount drilled 1/4 inch centered hole replaced the 1/4 x 20 threaded stud from ball attachment on the steddy eddy with a 1/4 x 20 button head machine bolt.Assemble ball socket to AD block with 1/4x20 bolt lock washer on inside of AD block and some thread lock.Now I have a quick detach very solid 1 generation Steddy Eddy for my Matrix.
Pics please
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Buck Burke wrote:My steddy Eddy is a great monopod and I had to have it on my Matrix 380.So I added a Tac Bracket w/ quiver bracket from Excalibur to my Matrix.This gave me an attachment point for mounting a quick detach mounting block made by American Defense (#AD ROMR-co) which I purchased from Midway USA item# 515824.I added a additional thickness to the inside of the AD mount drilled 1/4 inch centered hole replaced the 1/4 x 20 threaded stud from ball attachment on the steddy eddy with a 1/4 x 20 button head machine bolt.Assemble ball socket to AD block with 1/4x20 bolt lock washer on inside of AD block and some thread lock.Now I have a quick detach very solid 1 generation Steddy Eddy for my Matrix.
Yea...if you could swing some images of the setup that you have that would be great....you know what they say, "......a picture is......"

Thanks,

Anthony

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Just heard back from the engineer (Dean) at TP Crossbow's...He said that as long as one is willing to not use a sling their Steddy Eddy will work. All that you would need is a pan head or round head 10/32nd screw about the same length as the front sling post.

The SE comes with the other mounting hardware...he said just make sure you buy the 10PT SE and not the Wicked Ridge SE....

Again, I am just repeating what he said...

Assuming that I go to the Outdoor Show in Harrisburg PA...I will check out everything there....

Anthony

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Buck Burke

Post by Buck Burke »

I would have sent pics with my post but unable to do so, file to big.