matrix blew apart

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dash

Re: matrix blew apart

Post by Dash »

For a few years now, I notice that all serious issues you hear of on this forum are sent in as someones first or second post. They never show their location or any details. Usually just some troll or another bow company spreading a bad thoughts. Easy for them to do, even when unsubstantiated ....... But how many of these BS posts do we see yet never get sent any photos or proof. You never hear from them again..... I'm tired of the same old BS
Is this the same loser who wrote last week with the similar story who didn't reply with photo proof? I don't know..... Like I say we never hear from them again. If I'm wrong about this please send or post photos and I'll be very happy to apologize for my comments.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

yooper_man wrote:Peter (Excalibur Marketing Dude) said Matrix limb problems are user related.

I have the Matrix 355 and its limbs are solid built. If this truly happened I am with everyone else I need proof.

Andrew
I have a splintering issue the right limb of my Matrix 380. Peter knows about it and it certainly was not my fault. I'm sending my limbs back tomorrow.

This has not been a huge problem or anything, first noticed in OCT, but he told me not to worry. I had already taken steps to stem any further cracking. Used it all deer season without any problems but now it's time to get it fixed.

With any product you can have problems and its impossible to say its always the users fault.

As for this thread, the OP is clearly trolling.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
racking up points

Just wanted to add that Peter was baffled and hadn't seen many limbs on the Matrix line splinter like mine did.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
bricensears

Post by bricensears »

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... 2c5cc7.jpg

heres the picture as asked for, im not a troll i can assure you of that. not trying to destroy excaliburs name i love my bow its been great hoping to figure out what i might have done wrong

if you look at end of limb you will see just the bare resin, the other end is about half broken (white spot)

maybe i shouldnt have said 'blown apart' as the topic name does sound really bad i guess, but truth be told when i pulled the trigger thats exactly what happened
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Not takin' sides here, but there was another post recently about a limb tip coming off. Stranger things have happened. Excal will take good care of you if you will let them. See what dealer comes up with and if not satisfactory then call Excal direct.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

OK after seein yer pic looks like the glue/epoxy didn't set or wasn't enuff & the mag tip ends flew off when you shot. Yup spect that might make you want to get up from shootin bench real quick fast & in a hurry. I do the same when a string breaks, i knock over my chair gettin away from it :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Normous

Post by Normous »

Bricensears, I thank you for the photo and I owe you an apology. I was the first to call you out and have to find the right words to make it right again. I'm sorry for the doubt, I see now.
Excalibur does 100% stand by their product and will take care of you.
Last edited by Normous on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

vixenmaster wrote:OK after seein yer pic looks like the glue/epoxy didn't set or wasn't enuff & the mag tip ends flew off when you shot. Yup spect that might make you want to get up from shootin bench real quick fast & in a hurry. I do the same when a string breaks, i knock over my chair gettin away from it :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

Do you have the mag tips? Kind of wonder it one or both of the tips broke. I would think that if the glue/resin that holds them on didn't hold, that the pressure from having the string would hold them on? Just guessing on this.....RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I'm really happy you turned out to be legit, I'm not happy that you are experiencing a problem with the bow. I'm sure Excalibur will do right by ya.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
racking up points

My bad too. Welcome to the forum, (foot in my mouth).

They'll fix you up. Glad nobody was hurt.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
strum

Post by strum »

sorry to hear of your problems that had to have been a shock :shock:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Dash

Post by Dash »

I sincerely apologize for my earlier comments. We have regular trolls frequent this site with various BS stories and I've I misjudged your post.
Wow that's an unusual site in the photo, Could be a bad batch of epoxy, human error, flaw in the limb tip cap material, hard to say. But excal will look after you, don't worry about that. Nobody stands behind their equipment like them.
Again, I'm sorry for the attitude I gave you.
I wouldn't say you exaggerated about it blowing apart. I'm sure when your the one standing behind it it would seem like that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards,
Dash
Lake shooter

Post by Lake shooter »

It would be a good idea to wait for longer than one post to make assumptions about anyone and/or cast disparaging remarks their way. :wink:

Just because a person feels loyalty to a brand or brands or has never had a problem with this or that does NOT means that such things can't or won't ever happen. Nothing ever happens until it does, and history proves that anything ever made by man or nature can break, go bad, malfunction, or whatever.

The fact that so many jumped on the tar and feather wagon so fast was bothering me a little, and I'm no shrinking violet, but the fact that those same folks were quick to apologize says a lot about the character and integrity of this forum's members.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

This is a epoxy issue, no good, not enough, maybe none at all, pita but easily fixed by the best xbow folks any where

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers