Matrix 380 - What are you shooting?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vinniechains

Matrix 380 - What are you shooting?

Post by vinniechains »

I just looked and shot the Matrix 380 yesterday for the first time and like it. I have a question on what you guys are shooting out of it. If I'm interested in shooting Rage retractables, I was told to go to 20" bolts to compensate the lack of weight, since Rage only go up to 125gr.

Has anyone had any experience with shooting these from your Matrix 380?
steve rodo

Re: Matrix 380 - What are you shooting?

Post by steve rodo »

Your gonna get a lot of different opinion's on this .Everyone has their own nitch how they want the bow to shoot and be accurate.

I myself like heavy bolts with a heavy BH.I love Ke.The more the better .

I shoot broom stick's out of the bow .Big ole heavy set up .
465+ grain's for me.

I don't have a whole lotta speed.But i do have knock down power.Put's them deer slap over to their other side .
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Camo Equinox.
Dash

Post by Dash »

I bought a very large number of Beman lightning bolt shafts when they were cheap. They have 100gr brass inserts and luminoks. I cut them down to 18" to use with the 380. Using 125gr shwackers and Luminoks they weigh in at 475gr each, and shoot beautifully.
chrisbp

Post by chrisbp »

Video: http://goo.gl/OME8Ni

Some guy shoot with 380 at 150 yard distance
Excalibur is the best recurve crossbow I ever tested.
Thanks for mentioning my blog on Excalibur's Facebook Page the other day. And hope I could add some value here to the community. :)
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Never shot Rage Broadheads, nor 20" arrows from my Matrix 380.

I went with Custom (Big John) Black Eagle Executioners, Lumenok rears and brass fronts, cut to 18.5". Tipped with 125 grain Spitfires, they weigh in at 395 grains "dressed".

VERY Accurate, and splits the difference between Speed and Hitting Power. The deer I took with them this past season likely concur that this (for me) is a very good set-up! :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
vinniechains

Post by vinniechains »

So do you find yourself "resighting" in when you switch from practicing with the field points to broadheads?
Dash

Post by Dash »

Usually I would readjust sights for fixed blades if needed, or at least know what the difference in POI is. With schwackers I have no issues though, hit the same as my field point.