The straight goods on Bowtech and Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Timbrhuntr

Re: The straight goods on Bowtech and Excalibur

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I just read about this on another web site and all I can say is I am very sad today. Good bye Excalibur it was fun while it lasted ! :(
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

All is good. :D
wilkster

Post by wilkster »

glad to see that the "big dogs" at excalibur decided to address the forum users and reassure them that it is buisness as usual. just as i thought nobody is interested in purchasing a bowtech crossbow or any other crossbow for that matter, when you have cornered and perfected the crossbow market you just dont change the way you do buisness or the name LONG LIVE EXCALIBUR
McLakin

Post by McLakin »

Long live king of crossbows excalibur! If excalibur teach blowtech a thing or two I might have to check out one of their compound bows.
*2013 Equinox
Guardian ADF, Flemish String, Tac-Pac, Excal Sling, Excal Sighting Level, Excal Case, Lumenoks.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

maine hunter wrote:i thank bill for posting here today, it does make me feel better about this. i have met bill and his wife, great people and very down to earth. i believe he will do everything in his power to keep excal the same. again thank you bill for your remarks.
X2. Thanks Bill for the update. I appreciate you talking to the forum on the merger. It eases my mind, at least a bit.
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Ok.. I feel a little better. No bow tech logos on any new bows right??
Hey Everybody.. We all got Pre2014 bows!! :D it'll be the new slogan for when folks try to sell there bows! I can see it now! Hold tight gang!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

hankenhunter wrote:Bill T.
Will there be serial numbers on future excal bows?Yes or no. I'd also like to know why you waited so long to try and reasure people. Why didnt you let people know with your own words instead of a scary email? The Excal forum seems to be the only one that is optomistic about this merger. All others that I checked seem to be pretty pessimistic. Excalibur's mission statement will no longer be the truth.
Hank
X2 ... what he said ... deals conducted behind closed doors and delayed statements always have a bitter taste ... without all customers buying the product there will be no company so in a way we own the company and deserve respect.

Why do I feel as if the news just informed us that Bill turned 100% vegetarian and joined PETA?
QLOPS - Qualified Licensed Official Pot Stirrer

"Hunting with Id10ts can and will kill you." This is the reason I prefer to hunt alone.
strum

Post by strum »

SixLomaz wrote:
hankenhunter wrote:Bill T.
Will there be serial numbers on future excal bows?Yes or no. I'd also like to know why you waited so long to try and reasure people. Why didnt you let people know with your own words instead of a scary email? The Excal forum seems to be the only one that is optomistic about this merger. All others that I checked seem to be pretty pessimistic. Excalibur's mission statement will no longer be the truth.
Hank
X2 ... what he said ... deals conducted behind closed doors and delayed statements always have a bitter taste ... without all customers buying the product there will be no company so in a way we own the company and deserve respect.

Why do I feel as if the news just informed us that Bill turned 100% vegetarian and joined PETA?
wow you guys are amazing. :(
Bill T doesn't OWE you or me or anyone else an explanation.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

[/quote]Strum........Wow you guys are amazing. :(
Bill T doesn't OWE you or me or anyone else an explanation.[/quote]

Exactly! I do NOT agree with the direction I feel Excal is taking BUT personal attacks or remarks about Mr T are unwarranted! His business his decision!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

SixLomaz wrote:Why do I feel as if the news just informed us that Bill turned 100% vegetarian and joined PETA?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I guess you are not going to make Bowtech Prostaff! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Normous

Post by Normous »

I give SixLomaz the "Doom and Gloom" Forum award for 2014. This merger does not worry me at all since Bill T is no dummy and my many experiences talking to him since 1991 instill confidence in Excalibur for years to come.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

Hank it was a statement in general it was not aimed directly at you...Sorry if it sounded/appeared that way!
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

Gee ... thank you for the award ... I guess I worked hard enough to earn it. As far as personal attacks concern I see nothing of the sort. Those who like pixie-dust in their eyes please enjoy it. I am not that gullible. Next thing you know I will get banned for my statements for the truth always hurts.

Now think for a second here. Why would an investment conglomerate buy a well established company with a lot of liquid cash in their possession? Do you think they want to pour more money in it to improve the product? Hmmm ... seriously naive citizens will go for that version and cheer on. I am not that naive folks. Chastise me, ban me, for I know I am right. There you go. Now please give me my severance package.
QLOPS - Qualified Licensed Official Pot Stirrer

"Hunting with Id10ts can and will kill you." This is the reason I prefer to hunt alone.
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Way too much drama :roll: .As long as production stays at the Kithener facility and with people like Peter in charge of customer service we will see a continuation of the quality product and service we have become accustomed to.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

SixLomaz wrote:I will stop right here and let time tell the story. Money have always twisted and perverted humans given the chance and acceptance as an all powerful necessity. I am always disappointed to see a good company making an unexpected step in a totally surprising direction. Meanwhile I will continue to shoot my Excalibur crossbow and get some spare parts for it. Peace to you all and bless your hearts with true love, understanding, and forgiveness.
Six Lomaz, what happened to the statement above? and personal attacks? You have called those who are willing to give Excal the benefit of the doubt "ignorant," and something about Pixie dust.

Your opinions are amusing but surprisingly negative....I could see why, though since you have deluded yourself into believing that you are a co-owner of the company. Please, sell your stock, sell your excal, and go buy a Barnett.

What.....no stock?

Peace, brother. Relax. The sky is not falling and the end is not near.