The straight goods on Bowtech and Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deaf jeff

Re: The straight goods on Bowtech and Excalibur

Post by Deaf jeff »

Peacemaker wrote:
SixLomaz wrote:I will stop right here and let time tell the story. Money have always twisted and perverted humans given the chance and acceptance as an all powerful necessity. I am always disappointed to see a good company making an unexpected step in a totally surprising direction. Meanwhile I will continue to shoot my Excalibur crossbow and get some spare parts for it. Peace to you all and bless your hearts with true love, understanding, and forgiveness.
Six Lomaz, what happened to the statement above? and personal attacks? You have called those who are willing to give Excal the benefit of the doubt "ignorant," and something about Pixie dust.

Your opinions are amusing but surprisingly negative....I could see why, though since you have deluded yourself into believing that you are a co-owner of the company. Please, sell your stock, sell your excal, and go buy a Barnett.

What.....no stock?

Peace, brother. Relax. The sky is not falling and the end is not near.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

I sold my stock long time ago Peacemaker. Why? Are you jealous? Do not be? TV programming is boring today. This is better. Pixie dust is not a personal attack and please show me where I directly called someone "ignorant'. Please stop putting words in my mouth and let us agree to disagree. When you buy any product you take stock in that company as you expect support, replacement parts, upgrades, all at your cost. One side has the product while the other has the means to buy it. Do not worry as I will never sell my Excalibur crossbow. This is not about past product quality. You obviously never had to go to work fully knowing your job is on the line due to some merger / acquisition. Those who have experienced this situation can tell you that they keep one eye out for the next job while waiting for their severance package. Do you really thing this is a quality conducive work environment? What is done is done no matter what I say. It is time to let this die.
QLOPS - Qualified Licensed Official Pot Stirrer

"Hunting with Id10ts can and will kill you." This is the reason I prefer to hunt alone.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Sixlomax, what are you hoping to accomplish?

Be like the rest of us, sit back watch it unfold, if things go south then sell. If they improve, then all is well

You can't change anything
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

one shot scott wrote:Sixlomax, what are you hoping to accomplish?

Be like the rest of us, sit back watch it unfold, if things go south then sell. If they improve, then all is well

Well, in that regard call me Bowtech "lover" as I do not like to follow, :lol: . You are correct in saying there is nothing any of us can do to change the past. We can however learn and apply the experience to the future. By keeping quiet about something we do not like we create the impression that we agree with what just happened and accept it as the norm. I personally refuse to stay quiet.

Why sell? I paid for a good product and I will use it until the end. Any past and current Excalibur crossbow is the best there is as far as simplicity and reliability goes. They will become collector's item soon.

"Hunting with Id10ts can and will kill you." This is the reason I prefer to hunt alone.
NFH

Post by NFH »

The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!
Micro 335 Nightmare
Vortex XBR
Trigger Tech 2 stage
Flemish strings
Doc Miller RBBBs
SSA Spynal Tapps
SlickTricks
Magnus Black Hornet Ser-Razor
buck neked

Post by buck neked »

SixLomaz wrote:
one shot scott wrote:Sixlomax, what are you hoping to accomplish?

Well, in that regard call me Bowtech "lover" as I do not like to follow, :lol: . You are correct in saying there is nothing any of us can do to change the past. We can however learn and apply the experience to the future. By keeping quiet about something we do not like we create the impression that we agree with what just happened and accept it as the norm. I personally refuse to stay quiet.

Why sell? I paid for a good product and I will use it until the end. Any past and current Excalibur crossbow is the best there is as far as simplicity and reliability goes. They will become collector's item soon.

lol
Last edited by buck neked on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
buck, buck neked.
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

NFH wrote:The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!
Where? Where? It is so dark and so cold I cannot see a thing. Relax, the sky is not falling, just changing color for all looking forward to a cozy life filled with happiness and bliss. :lol: Ooops, are my comments too nice? The depression meds are wearing off making me more pleasant to deal with. :shock:

wcbarker

Post by wcbarker »

strum wrote:
wheelie wrote:Back to my same thinking days ago. Sale of Excalibur and Bowtech is a non issue with me now. Knowing Bill over the years and what he has built, I have absolutely no reason not to believe him and what he says. He has always been a man of his word. I still remain a diehard Excalibur shooter and always will be. :D
I never met Bill or Peter but in the few years I have been an owner and forum member all I ever saw out of them was integrity. That's why I'll also remain a diehard Excalibur shooter.
I would also if I could friggen find one.
Everyone I talked to wont bring a 405 in unless I buy it. I want to do a touchy feely thing first.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

"Let me say in advance that the accountant in me is about to speak and I am sorry for this long winded discussion....It will be my last on this topic as I await to see what happens....."

In any business acquisition the seller is concerned about liquidating his/her investment and being paid not only for the hard assets but also for the goodwill that has been created through his/her vision, efforts, design and sweat equity. Sometimes years go by before the owners can truly see the fruits of their hard work and say, "wow we made it."

A time comes when the seller believes they are ready to move on and get paid for what they created; part of an "exit strategy." I am sure both Bill and Kath honestly feel that they would like to see their creation live on. Not knowing anything about them personally it would seem there was no "next generation" to continue on and "keep it in the family." (A very common occurrence today.) The only way that I see their continuing effort lead this company forward is if the "sale agreement" calls for some sought of a "contingent selling price." What this means is that they will ultimately get paid more based upon the future success of Excalibur (in terms of sales volume over a period of years.)

If it was a simple buyout they are paid and and that's it...that is unless as part of the sale they enter into an "employment or consulting agreement." Usually signed for a couple of years....they lend their name and reputation to assist in the transition and provide media assurances that everything will remain the same if not better....in essence being paid as an employee of the buyer.

Remember these agreements are negotiated and constructed by lawyers and accountants to provide the best tax consequences to both parties.

Make no mistake about it... the buyer, in acquiring a company feels it is a strategic fit at the time to move their company forward and to provide growth that they could not create organically. Their main concern is to insure that a required return on their investment is achieved. Usually, this is accomplished in part by cutting costs and eliminating duplicate efforts (i.e. combining engineering, marketing, advertising and administrative and other costs where feasible.) Yes, they can and sometimes do keep the companies running separately in different locations. Other times it makes more "business sense" for the acquiring company to move its new division to a new location or to bring it in with other divisions to obtain what they believe will be synergies.

I am sorry, this has nothing to do with "Oh the sky is falling"....this usually is how business' are run and what happens in a business combination.

Yes, we should all wait and see. We should not however be so naive to think that there were three parties in this negotiation and acquisition. We were not involved; nor should we have been!

This was about a buyer and seller looking out for what would be the best for each of them.

This does not mean it will or has to be bad for us....Time will tell... let's just not be naive!

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

Excalibur enjoys a 2% increase of market share per year with an obvious potential for more.
Excalibur has a well known ability to design and build crossbows. That known quality is one the major reasons for their purchase. That quality will be applied to improve Bowtech's crossbows.
So you have one appreciating asset (Excalibur) that was bought to raise the value of an already owned asset that should be worth more.
Now with that known the quality of Excalibur comes an infrastructure to introduce a relatively unknown crossbow to Canada which is another reason for the purchase.
The purchasing company knows that if all the shortcomings of the Stryker line of bows is sorted out by a well respected company like Excalibur the Stryker line of bows will be worth more which is ultimately what any investment company wants.
It seems to me that the investment company is a pretty sharp organization to be buying Excalibur and I do not see any about turns on how and where things are done because judging from the virtual explosion of fear and discontent any real changes that effect Excalibur bows and customer service will affect sales in a negative manner resulting in a lower valued recently purchased company.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Dand

Post by Dand »

Anthony has it right. Whoever is the buyer....is boss. Whoever is the seller is "out" or an employee.....May be an important employee..... A well paid employee....but an employee all the same. That may/ should be ok with the seller. The other workers, you, me and everyone else don't have any standing in the decision that has been made. Big company's make decisions different, slower, less personal,less logical than smaller businesses. Do I like this....no. Do I understand it....yes. Will the sky fall...no. Will things change.....yes. How fast....who knows. Any reputable company/ business wants to increase sales AND have happy customers!!!!! Bow tech makes quality bows as far as I know.... Have no experience nor know about customer service. But can not see why they would want to ruin excalibur. But as others have commeted.... I have seen many high quality company's "acquired" and the quality destroyed and their products "ruined" in short order by selling a lot of lower cost higher profit items using the previous company's reputation...... And it is only matter of time before the customer figures it out......the investors take their profits and the company is closed/discontinued or bought by the next guy. Bow tech could go either way.....all we can do is wait and see. My matrix 380 should kill a deer just as good ten years from now as it can today.......or will I be shooting the new excalitech 980 fps crossbow and laser guided bolt?????? We shall see.....God willing we are still here and hunting ten years from now!!!! Dan D
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Can't help but wonder how many other companies enquired about buying Excalibur. I doubt Bowtech were the only ones in the mix. Likely a lot of tire kickers as well.
In reality I guess we should be happy they were bought out by a bow company and not Scotters Paper Towel Company or some other silly outfit. :lol:
Bugflipper

Post by Bugflipper »

Biil T, sorry I can't see it with the same enthusiasm as you. If they were that worried about quality and customer service they would have gotten their own company in line before buying another. I do truly see the intent a lot of you folks have. Keep everyone on the up and up so folks will keep buying their products, so excalibur will weather the storm and stay in business. Sorry I can't be one of those supporters. Luckily I doubt very many excalibur owners were bowtech owners, as if you have excalibur you have one of the top ones and don't really need to be shopping for other brands. For those that had bowtech before excalibur then they see things from a totally different viewpoint.

I will approach this from an archery shop owner's prospective. I sell you a bad item. You come back and let me know there is a problem. I contact bowtech and get the same run around as everyone does. Time goes on, many emails back and forth trying to get them to honor their defective product. Finally a certified letter of legal intent is sent and they finally honor the fellow's defective product. Now he has been calling or coming by once a week and you look like the doushbag that is dropping the ball. He finally gets his factory repaired item back months later and it is defective as well. It gets shipped back immediately and the whole game begins again. This has happened many times to me, although I must admit only 8 or 10 were defective the second time.

This is why I only had bowtech for 1 year. Now I can't say that any of the customers would have been a repeat customer had they bought a different brand and had a different experience. But I can say for sure that when you are selling folks something you better stand behind it and be there for them in good times and bad to assist. If they have a negative experience with your company odds are they will find another. That's just the nature of things.
mndoggie

Post by mndoggie »

All the replies and viewpoints are interesting.

I've worked for a few companies over the years that have been bought out.

I'm trying to think of any long established company, with great products and a good customer base, that was bought out and things got actually better.

(start up companies with new technologies don't count)

Still thinking...
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

The world didn't end when Mangrove bought them..... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"