The straight goods on Bowtech and Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

Re: The straight goods on Bowtech and Excalibur

Post by wheelie »

Back to my same thinking days ago. Sale of Excalibur and Bowtech is a non issue with me now. Knowing Bill over the years and what he has built, I have absolutely no reason not to believe him and what he says. He has always been a man of his word. I still remain a diehard Excalibur shooter and always will be. :D
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

wheelie wrote:Back to my same thinking days ago. Sale of Excalibur and Bowtech is a non issue with me now. Knowing Bill over the years and what he has built, I have absolutely no reason not to believe him and what he says. He has always been a man of his word. I still remain a diehard Excalibur shooter and always will be. :D
I figured you would just sit on the end of the bed and drink your beer and watch to two company's merge! :lol: :lol:
strum

Post by strum »

wheelie wrote:Back to my same thinking days ago. Sale of Excalibur and Bowtech is a non issue with me now. Knowing Bill over the years and what he has built, I have absolutely no reason not to believe him and what he says. He has always been a man of his word. I still remain a diehard Excalibur shooter and always will be. :D
I never met Bill or Peter but in the few years I have been an owner and forum member all I ever saw out of them was integrity. That's why I'll also remain a diehard Excalibur shooter.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

flightattendant100 wrote:
I figured you would just sit on the end of the bed and drink your beer and watch to two company's merge! :lol: :lol:
CAN'T!!!! To busy watching my back now. :shock: :shock:
Still don't know what I said so bad. I will don a pink dress and march the gay pride parade along side Mayor Ford. Then he will forgive me maybe. :lol: :lol:
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

The problem is the company we all once knew is no longer THAT company and the people we have ALL grown to know & trust are no longer the people pulling the strings! I trust Mr T & what he said & what HE believes but over the last few years things have changed and is he able to call the shots if things take a turn or is he just along for the ride with the rest of us! If your NOT the lead dog the view is always the same! And it appears in this transaction Excal is NOT the lead dog!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Bill T may not be the 'lead dog', but he's still got the leash in his teeth, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

awshucks wrote:Bill T may not be the 'lead dog', but he's still got the leash in his teeth, lol.
Let's hope so!!!! :lol:
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

Bundle up Dorothy 'cause we are going to face the cold world. I see an unbelievable level of optimism backed by sheer ignorance. People, all mergers and acquisitions have a legal background which forces participants to adhere to scripted PR blurbs and dance along with the elevator music. Get your Excalibur while still hot and get some spare parts with it. It will last you until Bowtech goes out of business. Bill, you worked hard to bring this company to where it is today and I wish you well in your retirement. It was your company and it is your decision. I do not know what you got out of this deal and frankly I do not care but "Thank you" for leaving us out in the cold with Bowtech at our backs. There is a very good reason why Jesus threw the money changers out of the temple, and many of us seem to forget his example today. Every one of us came into this world naked and when the time comes we will leave naked no matter how much wealth and "stuff" have accumulated during our lifetime. It is the experience accumulated and the deeds we committed that will accompany each one of us over the threshold, nothing else passes thru.
QLOPS - Qualified Licensed Official Pot Stirrer

"Hunting with Id10ts can and will kill you." This is the reason I prefer to hunt alone.
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

SixLomaz wrote:Bundle up Dorothy 'cause we are going to face the cold world. I see an unbelievable level of optimism backed by sheer ignorance. People, all mergers and acquisitions have a legal background which forces participants to adhere to scripted PR blurbs and dance along with the elevator music. Get your Excalibur while still hot and get some spare parts with it. It will last you until Bowtech goes out of business. Bill, you worked hard to bring this company to where it is today and I wish you well in your retirement. It was your company and it is your decision. I do not know what you got out of this deal and frankly I do not care but "Thank you" for leaving us out in the cold with Bowtech at our backs. There is a very good reason why Jesus threw the money changers out of the temple, and many of us seem to forget his example today. Every one of us came into this world naked and when the time comes we will leave naked no matter how much wealth and "stuff" have accumulated during our lifetime. It is the experience accumulated and the deeds we committed that will accompany each one of us over the threshold, nothing else passes thru.
That is just unfair....
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

... but true ...

There are people that work hard all their life to bring us all better products along with satisfaction, enjoyment, and pride when using such technology. Bill is one such individual and I do appreciate all his efforts in creating a wonderful a tool for all others passionate hunters. Then you have those who consume and devour such dedication and hard work because they can dish out any amount of money that will convince the hard working individual to make that last fatal turn in their business life. Again, time will tell if I am wrong, but the odds are not in our favor people. Maybe some of you remember 40+ years ago when GE decided to pull the very successful ETV-1 electrical vehicle of the road and out of production because they realized the threat posed by electricity to crude oil. ETV-1 delivered 100miles out of a full battery charge with battery technology that had less to offer than today.

"Hunting with Id10ts can and will kill you." This is the reason I prefer to hunt alone.
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

SixLomaz wrote:... but true ...
No, it's not. It's your opinion, and you're entitled to it, but it has no basis in fact. The biblical references push it beyond the ridiculous. You are correct in that this is a business deal, but the bible has nothing to do with it.

You are assuming the worst. Why? Because you choose to. We are assuming a bit better, because we have 30 years of history upon which to base the assumption. We are the customers here, and you do know, I hope, that Bowtech personnel are reading this board, too. Bowtech and Excalibur are managed by businessmen and women, who know how to build and maintain businesses and, yes, how to make money. I have been involved in many, many acquisitions where the the acquirer is seeking only to build on the strengths of the acquired....not to destroy the strengths of the acquired. Many of these acquisitions are quite successful, ESPECIALLY with companies of this size. This is not a Daimler-Chrysler merger. (Though you do know that Rolls Royce is part of the Volkswagen group, right? Last time I checked, the RR Phantom was not being serviced by Volkswagen dealers with Volkwagen parts. Lamborghini is part of the VW group, too.

We are giving Excalibur the benefit of the doubt. Why not? We are customers. Not stockholders. Time will tell. Rather than bash the company and bash the deal, we are giving them the opportunity to show us that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Or even to show us the the parts can remain the same after the merger, at least w/r/t excalibur.

Public and uncalled for bashing does nothing.....and neither does calling the rest of us ignorant just for allowing some obviously keen businesspeople to have the opportunity to make something work.

Meanwhile, for those of you who believe that the sky is falling and choose to hoard "pre-merger" Excalibur parts......I am sure that Excalibur does not mind.
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

SixLomaz wrote:... but true ...

There are people that work hard all their life to bring us all better products along with satisfaction, enjoyment, and pride when using such technology. Bill is one such individual and I do appreciate all his efforts in creating a wonderful a tool for all others passionate hunters. Then you have those who consume and devour such dedication and hard work because they can dish out any amount of money that will convince the hard working individual to make that last fatal turn in their business life. Again, time will tell if I am wrong, but the odds are not in our favor people. Maybe some of you remember 40+ years ago when GE decided to pull the very successful ETV-1 electrical vehicle of the road and out of production because they realized the threat posed by electricity to crude oil. ETV-1 delivered 100miles out of a full battery charge with battery technology that had less to offer than today.

LOL.. You are editing your posts faster than I can type.....
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

i thank bill for posting here today, it does make me feel better about this. i have met bill and his wife, great people and very down to earth. i believe he will do everything in his power to keep excal the same. again thank you bill for your remarks.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

Peacemaker wrote:
LOL.. You are editing your posts faster than I can type.....

I will stop right here and let time tell the story. Money have always twisted and perverted humans given the chance and acceptance as an all powerful necessity. I am always disappointed to see a good company making an unexpected step in a totally surprising direction. Meanwhile I will continue to shoot my Excalibur crossbow and get some spare parts for it. Peace to you all and bless your hearts with true love, understanding, and forgiveness.

jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Here, Here...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks