Armchair comandos dislike excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Olmanstand

Re: Armchair comandos dislike excalibur

Post by Olmanstand »

I remember the day my brother and I asked a sales rep at a local bow dealer what he recommends as far as crossbows. They had several brands. He could have sold us any one of them, other than parker. His statement was "you don't beat a excal"...

Our dad's parker was at parker for the second time.......

We are now excalibur all the way...
Nox & Max, Xcaliber Strings, Vixenmaster Strings, Dynaflight String, Munch Mounts, S5's, Nikon Bolt XRs, VPAs & Montecs, Big John Custom & 2216 Arrows
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Bugflipper wrote:Boy I was doing a search for something and a lot of folks absolutely hate excaliburs. It will be a simple thread on a fellow asking advise to buy a new one. Someone suggests excalibur and the benefits then it turns into a pissing match. So why all the hate for the excaliburs?
I'm just curious, which site was this on?
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
ko4nrbs

Post by ko4nrbs »

I've had other hunters comment that my Exomax was too wide and heavy. When I showed them how I could replace the string and uncock it without shooting an arrow it got their attention!!

They were also impressed that with the exception of waxing the string it is essentially maintenance free. I clean the trigger with WD40 in between hunts to be sure it is moisture free since I hunt in below freezing weather.

This was the first year I hunted with it. Didn't get a deer but passed on a few does and a spike.

I spent a lot of time in the deer stand with it and it was no big deal to use after I got used to it. Quite a change from carrying my Mossberg Lever Action 30-30!! Yes it is wide and takes some getting used to but I wouldn't have anything else. When was the last time anyone has heard of Excalibur limbs coming apart. It probably has happened to someone but it must be rare as I have never ran across it on the web yet. Seems to be pretty common with some other bows.

To each his own!! When I hunt with the 30-30 my brothers all think I am undergunned. I have killed more whitetails with it than they have with their 30-06, 303 British and 45-70!! Heck of a lot lighter to carry to!!

Based on my experiences and what they learned surfing the web two of my 3 brothers now own Axioms.

Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
Bugflipper

Post by Bugflipper »

I really didn't pay attention to the name of the sites. I was just searching on bing and it directed to several.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:
Bugflipper wrote:Boy I was doing a search for something and a lot of folks absolutely hate excaliburs. It will be a simple thread on a fellow asking advise to buy a new one. Someone suggests excalibur and the benefits then it turns into a pissing match. So why all the hate for the excaliburs?
I'm just curious, which site was this on?
....I have the same query....I tried to search for the "armchairhaters" and spent about 15 minutes and found nothing but "love" being spread....the proof is in the pudding...if Excal is increasing at 2% per annum than it's coming from somewhere...heck, I had my Barnett Quad400 but 4 months before taking the plunge into the Excal world....

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I have never seen a negative comment towards Excalibur, seems in the crossbow world there are two people, those who have one, and those who want one.
Crossbows in general? Yep, seen the hate.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....OBTW...while out hunting yesterday during NJ Winter Bow...my Excal was safely nestled back in its warm case at the end of the day....while my brother in law was holding, pushing, switching and asking for my help in uncocking his TenPoint...after which he helped our uncle and took his Barnett Wildcat and blew an arrow (destroyed) into the frozen, snow covered northern NJ tundra...would have made for a perfect Excalibur commercial....

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D :lol: :lol: decocking is so easy and less noise compared to the rest of them. i like simple and easy things in life!!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

maine hunter wrote::D :lol: :lol: decocking is so easy and less noise compared to the rest of them. i like simple and easy things in life!!!!
"......and the congregation screamed out an "AMEN brother!"...."

Anthony :)

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
toytruck

Post by toytruck »

In my opinion, some dealers don't want to carry excals due to the fact there is nothing to go wrong mostly. A lot of the other brands usually end up back in the shop which generates more income for the shop. I had a local shop that carried excals when I bought my ibex. I was still shopping around an asked him which was the best one, he said tenpoint. I noticed he was working on one at the time, that spoke volumes to me!! 8)
Life may change us, but we begin and end with family.
White's and TC Renegade
2010 Ibex
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

toytruck wrote:In my opinion, some dealers don't want to carry excals due to the fact there is nothing to go wrong mostly. A lot of the other brands usually end up back in the shop which generates more income for the shop. I had a local shop that carried excals when I bought my ibex. I was still shopping around an asked him which was the best one, he said tenpoint. I noticed he was working on one at the time, that spoke volumes to me!! 8)
You are so true. The funny thing I found out is my local pro shop that cuts down my arrow shafts is an actual Excalibur dealer. All I saw for Excalibur was a stack of brochures. They had no Excalibur models on display.

They did have Ten point and Barnett crossbows. The owner told me he changes hundreds of Barnett limbs. I can't blame the owner since compound crossbows is job security.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
ranger

Post by ranger »

These are the same people where you can read on how many times they have had to send their bows in to be fixed but say how nice and dependable they are.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
TPM

Post by TPM »

Pydpiper wrote:I have never seen a negative comment towards Excalibur, seems in the crossbow world there are two people, those who have one, and those who want one.
Crossbows in general? Yep, seen the hate.
Pyd, you haven't been on Ontario Out of Doors forum lately. The mere mention of Excalibur brings out a bevy of Excal haters. All caught up in their Hortons and TenPounds. Personally I think they all fall in the "want one" category. :wink: :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
onegunguitar

Post by onegunguitar »

[email protected] wrote:....OBTW...while out hunting yesterday during NJ Winter Bow...my Excal was safely nestled back in its warm case at the end of the day....while my brother in law was holding, pushing, switching and asking for my help in uncocking his TenPoint...after which he helped our uncle and took his Barnett Wildcat and blew an arrow (destroyed) into the frozen, snow covered northern NJ tundra...would have made for a perfect Excalibur commercial....

Anthony
I love my Exocet 200. I also have a Barnett RC 150(150 lb draw),not the biggest and baddest crossbow by any means,but I decock it the same way we do our Excaliburs....I haven't figured out why they say you have to shoot a compound crossbow to decock it...am I missing something? When I use the rope to unload the Barnett,it's alot easier than the Exocet. Haha
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

onegunguitar wrote:
[email protected] wrote:....OBTW...while out hunting yesterday during NJ Winter Bow...my Excal was safely nestled back in its warm case at the end of the day....while my brother in law was holding, pushing, switching and asking for my help in uncocking his TenPoint...after which he helped our uncle and took his Barnett Wildcat and blew an arrow (destroyed) into the frozen, snow covered northern NJ tundra...would have made for a perfect Excalibur commercial....

Anthony
I love my Exocet 200. I also have a Barnett RC 150(150 lb draw),not the biggest and baddest crossbow by any means,but I decock it the same way we do our Excaliburs....I haven't figured out why they say you have to shoot a compound crossbow to decock it...am I missing something? When I use the rope to unload the Barnett,it's alot easier than the Exocet. Haha

Most other bows have an "Anti-dry fire" devise, that has to have an arrow in it to let it down, and the only save way is to actually shoot it. I know I wouldn't want to decock a bow with an arrow in it......RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals