Armchair comandos dislike excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bugflipper

Armchair comandos dislike excalibur

Post by Bugflipper »

Boy I was doing a search for something and a lot of folks absolutely hate excaliburs. It will be a simple thread on a fellow asking advise to buy a new one. Someone suggests excalibur and the benefits then it turns into a pissing match. So why all the hate for the excaliburs?
Xbowkiller

Re: Armchair comandos dislike excalibur

Post by Xbowkiller »

Very simple! It is tough being a the top. Everyone below is gunning for you to try to get to the top. When on top it is like running around with a target on your back.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

The only way for some folks to be or stay happy with there non-Excalibur brand crossbow is to put them down in a attempt to reassure themselves they made a OK buy.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Riverside archer

Post by Riverside archer »

The anonymity of the internet brings out the inner idiot in some. I know I made the best choice for me with my Excal. Reliable, simple to work on, and a tack driver. What more could you need?
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

do any of the haters articulate any reasons why they dislike Excals?
McLakin

Post by McLakin »

Crossbow top trumps

Matrix
Reliability 10/10
Speed 10/10
Accuracy 10/10
Power 10/10
Efficiency 10/10
Customer service 10/10

Another brand
Reliability 7/10
Speed 8/10
Accuracy 5/10
Power 7/10
Efficiency 5/10
Customer service 2/10

Haters are the kid in the playground without the matrix card :D
*2013 Equinox
Guardian ADF, Flemish String, Tac-Pac, Excal Sling, Excal Sighting Level, Excal Case, Lumenoks.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Thar be all kinds of reasons fer these peein matches. Spect one of them has a valid reason in their mind!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Every crossbow manufacture has their diehard fanatic idealist who believe that everyone who does not follow their mantra are idiots.
The bigger issue is that is they are all hunters or crossbow enthusiasts and rather than work togeither they would rather pi $$ on each other then work togeither for the good of the sport as a whole.
I have learned that every crossbow has it's negatives and plusses. Hence the development of Matrix to replace the wide limb models of the past.
Also what seems to be the biggest atribute that drives each and every discussion is customer service not product quality and dependability. For me customer service follows a distance second to both. So far for me anyways Excalibur makes the grade on both accounts. With the added bonus of above average customer service people.
But I use to feel that way about Horton at one time until I bought the now infamous company killer "2012 Fury.

Plus also this time year the rhetoric seems to get particularly bad on all forums which I chalk up to cabin fever.
Last edited by colouredchameleon on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Many of em have other motives, Spin the facts an truth till nobody knows the truth. The Internet is full of anonymous bully's with opinions that they can justify until the end of time. They are on every forum an blog going, it's easy to be a big man an a expert in all thing's when your hiding behind a keyboard :cry:
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I think it wears on people. Every time some one asks about what crossbow they should buy Excal is always mentioned. We know why it's mentioned of course, but for a non Excal bow owner it's enough for them to hold a grudge.

Then a pissing match happens, and grudge turns to a strong hatred.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

The wife and I have 3 of them. Would not trade them for anything!!! I used it during our gun season. I didn't even take out my gun once in the season. I really wanted to take a deer with my vortex. Came very close a few times. If I used my gun I could have tagged out the first day!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Bugflipper wrote:Boy I was doing a search for something and a lot of folks absolutely hate excaliburs. It will be a simple thread on a fellow asking advise to buy a new one. Someone suggests excalibur and the benefits then it turns into a pissing match. So why all the hate for the excaliburs?
If you have trouble getting advice on what type of crossbow to purchase, ask them for comparisons of their crossbow to another brand. I have seen many, many comparisons and just about all companies compare or try and prove their bow against the Excalibur brand. If everyone or most people use Excalibur to compare too, then Excalibur must be the top or very near the top, would you not say.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Most of the haters relate to the wider bows, some without even knowing about the Matrix series, largely because they only consider compounds as crossbow.
Most have not even tried a recurve. Sad, their loss really.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Cossack wrote:Most of the haters relate to the wider bows, some without even knowing about the Matrix series, largely because they only consider compounds as crossbow.
Most have not even tried a recurve. Sad, their loss really.
Plus they think the compounds are stronger and they hate to admit their money went into something that's not the best made but, Everyone that has shot mine wants one. I even bought one once from a guy that got it and made a few bucks on it selling it to me .....now he wants me to sell it back to him ....aint going to happen.
Bugflipper

Post by Bugflipper »

Now that makes sense. Just feeling inferior and needing to make themselves feel like a big man. I hadn't thought of it from that prospective. I was trying to read up on the new mega. I don't think I ever saw a post with a reason, folks were just bragging about their ten point and one I never heard of that was something like scorpyid, being much better than the mega.

They were cussing out others and getting into personal attacks.
I was thinking this is great, kids come to these sites to learn how to hunt and looking for advise on what to get and grown men are acting like idiots, threatening to stomp one another and this and that. If an admin and the mods tolerate all of that trash I don't see a need to join up at places like that.
Well that was my rant anyhow.
Have a good day.