First for a friend

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Adrian J Hare

First for a friend

Post by Adrian J Hare »

This morning I woke up in major pain in the shoulder. So bad if I was on my own I would not have went. The reason was I had made plans with the Military friend I have and I would not stay home.

We headed to one of my spots and walked in with snowshoes to the calling location. I was having even a hard time to keep the gun on my shoulder so we get there and there is a coyote curled up in the field. I could see him through the branches on this apple orchard we were in. I told Paul to kill it if he can find a spot to shoot and this guys does as he is told for sure. The coyote is out 175-200 yards from our location that I spot him. Being a shooting guy in the Military he hits the snow in a prone and aims and bang ! The coyote just sprawls out and quivers. I said yep you got him and we setup fast to try and see if he had company with him. After 25 minutes nothing came so we got up and walked out to the yote. The guy shoots it right in the head at that range. No effort at all, he says that gave him the best shot with his savage predator 22-250.

Nice dog to have tanned for his first coyote !
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Species8472

Re: First for a friend

Post by Species8472 »

Nice dog
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

Good job and congratulations. They are big and good looking in your area.

We could use few sharp shooters like himself here in CT if we could shoot the guns the way you do. We need 10+ acres to shoot rifle and with the land being fragmented as is the coyote population has exploded taking a toll on other species.
QLOPS - Qualified Licensed Official Pot Stirrer

"Hunting with Id10ts can and will kill you." This is the reason I prefer to hunt alone.
tammie

Post by tammie »

good job!
matrix 380 w grim reaper 125 grain (midevil 2) equinox w boltcutter 150 grain (midevil 1)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Fantastic on the yote,shot & friend congrats to him n you
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Congrats for sure!! Awesome!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
steve

Post by steve »

Another one down, atta boy Adrian, kill them all !!!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Your photography skills are getting to be as good as your calling skills. Always nice to have something to remember a hunt.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string