scope caps

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

takem23

scope caps

Post by takem23 »

Does anyone know what size butler creek flip up scope caps fit the shadow zone scope? thanks
Onetimeonly x-->

Re: scope caps

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Can't help with the size, welcome to the forum. A lot of knowledge and entertainment to say the least.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
McLakin

Post by McLakin »

Hi, I just ordered some butler creek caps for my hawke scope. Just measure the objective lenses and eye piece.
*2013 Equinox
Guardian ADF, Flemish String, Tac-Pac, Excal Sling, Excal Sighting Level, Excal Case, Lumenoks.
McLakin

Post by McLakin »

I just had a look :
]Code hc30020 31mm number 2 might do it? I would double check though.

James
*2013 Equinox
Guardian ADF, Flemish String, Tac-Pac, Excal Sling, Excal Sighting Level, Excal Case, Lumenoks.
tammie

Post by tammie »

gotta get me some of those for the equinox and 380,i have them on my deer rifle they work great.one more thing on the list before next season ...........
matrix 380 w grim reaper 125 grain (midevil 2) equinox w boltcutter 150 grain (midevil 1)
McLakin

Post by McLakin »

Sorry I was thinking it was a tac zone , they have 32mm objective

I think shadow zone may be a 40mm lense if it is number 15 is 39.6mm closest fit.
*2013 Equinox
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I like the see through caps but have only been able to find a cap for one end, will ck when I get home what size it is.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Significent

Post by Significent »

takem23 wrote:Does anyone know what size butler creek flip up scope caps fit the shadow zone scope? thanks
Good question! Not to hijack the thread, but I'm trying to figure out which Butler Creek (BCFUC) flip-up covers would fit a Leupold 2-7x 33mm Shotgun scope. The diameter of the scope, front and back, is 1.6". The #5 covers are speced for between 1.60" to 1.69" so they meet the spec, but I'm wondering how well they actually fit. Does anyone have experience with this combination of scope and covers?

Seems to me it would be useful to create a table of common scopes and BCFUCs and make it a sticky on the forum. I'd be willing to create the table if everyone responds with details of their scope/BCFUC combinations and how well it works. No need to limit the table to BCFUCs either. It would be useful to know how any manufacturer's covers fit.

What does everyone think?
Matrix 380 Camo (Sheila)
Leupold VX-1 2-7x33mm Shotgun
18" Black Eagle Executioners
Swhacker Crossbow 100gr (see avatar)
GTFG Lumenoks
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Significent wrote:
takem23 wrote:Does anyone know what size butler creek flip up scope caps fit the shadow zone scope? thanks
Good question! Not to hijack the thread, but I'm trying to figure out which Butler Creek (BCFUC) flip-up covers would fit a Leupold 2-7x 33mm Shotgun scope. The diameter of the scope, front and back, is 1.6". The #5 covers are speced for between 1.60" to 1.69" so they meet the spec, but I'm wondering how well they actually fit. Does anyone have experience with this combination of scope and covers?

Seems to me it would be useful to create a table of common scopes and BCFUCs and make it a sticky on the forum. I'd be willing to create the table if everyone responds with details of their scope/BCFUC combinations and how well it works. No need to limit the table to BCFUCs either. It would be useful to know how any manufacturer's covers fit.

I think that's an awesome idea!
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Significent wrote:

For what it's worth, I have a crossbones with 33mm lens, the Butler Creek Blizzard Scope Cover Size #5 fits very loose, afraid it'll come off loose....
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
Significent

Post by Significent »

Here's a starting point: (click the image to make it a bit bigger)

Butler Creek Cover / Scope manufacturer & model cross reference:

Code: Select all

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14080410/ButlerCreekScopeCoverChartBrochure.PDF
Let me know what you have and I'll update the file.
Last edited by Significent on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matrix 380 Camo (Sheila)
GTFG Lumenoks
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Significent wrote:Here's a starting point:

Let me know what you have and I'll update the file.
Very Nice! The crossbones Objective & Eyepiece Diameter are also 1.6"
Sorry, should have mentioned that....
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

If I remember correctly, last year hunting I had to use an objective lens cover that was slightly larger, so I just wrapped the end of the scope with two wraps of painters tape so the cap went on snugly and painters tape can be removed easily without leaving a gummy residue on your scope.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Significent

Post by Significent »

I've updated the list with some info I found in the forum. The teflon tape idea seems like a good one.

Everyone please keep details of your scope/scope cover combinations coming. I'll update the list as quickly as I can.
Matrix 380 Camo (Sheila)
GTFG Lumenoks
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Ok, so I checked this mornin, and on the objective lens I have a " 4 Bliz" which is a solid cap, I could not find a see through one that fits, and on the ocular lens I have a see through " 5-6 Bliz "
Last edited by Bullzeye on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone