30 mm Rings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rattlerun

30 mm Rings

Post by rattlerun »

I am looking to upgrade my scope rings on my Matrix 355. I am using the Hawke XB30 (kind of short). Don't know if I should get aluminum or steel, what heighth (low med. or high), quick detach or not, torx or allen screws, tactical or just regular. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Normous

Re: 30 mm Rings

Post by Normous »

Leupold Rifleman 30mm Split Rings are lightweight aluminum, very well made with the latest CNC equipment and priced very well for what you recieve. I have 6 sets of Rifleman rings.
They come in one height only - Med, perfect for Excaliburs.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Alums will works just fine. But you may need a set of offset rings to get the eye relief you need in a short scope. Generally speaking the lower the ring the better for more blank point range and eye/scope alignment .
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Since the XB 30 looks to be physically the same as the TactZone,the Excal rings should work fine.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Fred T wrote:Since the XB 30 looks to be physically the same as the TactZone,the Excal rings should work fine.
I can confirm that they'll work. That's what secures my XB30 to my scope rail. The XB30 comes with that chunky high profile mount...its garbage.

I've used the rings enormous is referring to on another bow and I do prefer the Leups over the excalibur rings.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Matrix380NC

Post by Matrix380NC »

I switched over from the stock excal rings on my matrix 380 to the leupold rifleman rings. Only issue was that I could no longer use my bohning quiver mount since the riflemen rings are med and no longer allow clearance. Just went with the excal quick release mount but it really makes the tact zone scope much quicker to get on target with.