Canadian Archers for a Cause - Colby Classic!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Re: Canadian Archers for a Cause - Colby Classic!

Post by TYE »

Pretty good shootin
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Moni invited me via Facebook. I managed to get a spot for the Saturday 12:15 line. I don't shoot very often at all, I am a hunter not a target shooter. Lol

It took a while before I got rid of the caffeine jitters and settled down. The first 30 shots were not great, only 6 x's. the second half, after I was warmed up I managed 14x's. All shots were deer killing shots, but when you're shooting next to world champions hitting strings of x's you feel humbled. Lol

All in all a great time! A great cause! And hearing first-hand a survivors story helped illustrate the positive impact events like this make.

I will make it out again next year.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I have no regrets - it was a great experience! It always is.

I didn't shoot as well as I could have. :oops: I hadn't sighted in properly - I'd gone up to the shop the night before but the range was booked. My own fault for not doing it earlier - working two jobs hasn't left me much time.

At the end of Friday night when I absolutely could not hold steady anymore Kevin/DoeMaster took my bow and dialed it in better for me. To top it off, on Saturday he offered to let me use his own xbow - I should have taken him up on that. Thanks for the offer and the moral support! Kevin & I do some nasty trash-talking sometimes but I'm grateful for the many times over the years Kevin has encouraged me and tried to help my improve my form, my bow, and my scores. He's good people and he's got a big heart.

Was GREAT to meet Chris4570 yesterday, was a lot of fun to shoot with the two Kevin's (Wheelie and DoeMaster) on Friday night. I love the way xbow shooters stick together, help each other out, and offer to let others shoot their bows. I might be wrong but it seems to me that we have more fun than most! Am I right? :mrgreen:

Sure would love to see more xbows at this event! Yesterday I noticed that the other shooters made a real effort to let me know that the xbow was welcome. Sure some had issues with the noise from my bow but we worked around that as best as possible and all was good. No drama. It was very clear that the event is inclusive and all bows are welcome. I applaud that!

I encourage all of you to be proud xbow shooters and attend various tournaments. Break down the barriers. Promote inclusiveness and educate the masses. :D Let them shoot your bow - the xbow virgins will be impressed with how "easy" it is, and also realize how challenging it can be. Die-hard vert shooters are just one shoulder injury away from joining our ranks so be gentle with them. Each style of bow is unique - let's all embrace the differences and support each other.

KUDOS to the event organizers for leading by example and sticking up for the xbows that shoot at this event! They have my respect.

Kudos to all the participants for fundraising to support ongoing cancer research. I'm certain that cancer had touched the lives of everyone here in on way or another - so let's keep supporting this event in years to come.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:oops: :oops:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Well said VixChix. And you are right. Some stone faces there thought they were in the Olympics. We laugh and scocialize and forget to shoot a round, mixup our order to confuse others, be loud and have fun. I would like to see enough shooters of crossbows at the event that we could have a whole two hour time slot just for crossbows. :lol: :lol: :lol:
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

wheelie's always around helping everyone, good guy to have fun with.
too bad I couldn't make it :cry:
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton