Trigger Tech triggers and speed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Trigger Tech triggers and speed

Post by paulaboutform »

Can anyone tell me if changing out to a tt trigger will affect bow speed at all? Thanks in advance.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Boo

Re: Trigger Tech triggers and speed

Post by Boo »

It's not likely as the triggers are dimensional the same.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

OT- but I remember reading somewhere that the latches are easier on servings. Don, is that due to extra polishing or a difference in design?
Boo wrote:It's not likely as the triggers are dimensional the same.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Boo

Post by Boo »

racking up points wrote:OT- but I remember reading somewhere that the latches are easier on servings. Don, is that due to extra polishing or a difference in design?
Boo wrote:It's not likely as the triggers are dimensional the same.
Good parts by way of quality control. I know that Mats looks at each latch himself and you can see the polishing marks. Design as well. When we were hashing out the objectives one of them was to make the latches easier on the servings so you'll see that they are wider and more squared.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Maybe I'm missing something, but all the energy imparted onto an arrow comes from the limbs, none from the trigger.

The string transfers the energy from the limbs to the arrow, so the efficiency of the string could affect arrow speed. That's obvious.

Until the trigger releases, the energy is stored up in the string and against the trigger. Once the trigger releases, the limb energy is applied from the string onto the arrow. However, I can't think of how the trigger could subtract energy from the string.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't see how the trigger could affect arrow speed.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Hi5 wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but all the energy imparted onto an arrow comes from the limbs, none from the trigger.

The string transfers the energy from the limbs to the arrow, so the efficiency of the string could affect arrow speed. That's obvious.

Until the trigger releases, the energy is stored up in the string and against the trigger. Once the trigger releases, the limb energy is applied from the string onto the arrow. However, I can't think of how the trigger could subtract energy from the string.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't see how the trigger could affect arrow speed.
I agree. I was asking the question wondering if a more efficient trigger could reduce frictional coefficients enough to result in potentially flattened trajectory algorithm? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rej

Post by rej »

V(f)=(T2(Ag.Ag(n))*(Ag2)= Nope, no difference. :shock:
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

rej wrote:V(f)=(T2(Ag.Ag(n))*(Ag2)= Nope, n!o difference. :shock:
EXACTLY!!! I feel validated and understood now! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

deleted
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:
So reading this, I'm thinking you have some stake in TT? That might explain all the ass patting without griping about this belonging on the trading post! :lol:
I rarely respond to any kind of flaming or accusations, but you have poked and prodded me enough lately that I will respond. But not in the way that you seemingly wish for so here goes.
I have no equity nor stake in TriggerTech. I receive no money or reward from them. Quite to the contrary, I have spent time and money helping them and do not get anything in return nor do I expect it. I know it's difficult for some to believe but some people help others out of the goodness of their help without some expectation. I help lots of people here but I always ask them not to say anything publicly. All I ever ask of anyone is to help a stranger.
Dan, are you happy now? I appologize but I have nothing sinister to hide.
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

xcaliber wrote:That is good to hear! You do badger the crap out of me though, and I'm not the only one that notices it. i don't want anything from anyone. I do appreciate you taking the time to buzz back on this! I have nothing against you, and don't want to cause you any problems, i would appreciate the same respect! I don't particularly care if you do have some stake, and do appreciate your input. I hope you can realize your efforts to belittle others in the past, and move on! I am not going to engage in a pissing match with you, and further crap actions are not forthcoming! Not from me anyway! I have learned that you cannot control others, but you can control yourself! 8)
And an apology is only good if you stick to it Throwing tantrums and then apologizing is not acceptible Sorta like someone who drinks one night smacks there wife around then the next day Im sorry and then the next weekend its De javue Say it and stick to it then its respected and accepted All the input on this I will offer
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote: You do badger the crap out of me
Seriously? You're too much Dan!
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

xcaliber wrote:I have not apologized to Boo, nor has he! I don't run behind his posts and "challenge" his word.
JP, I have apologized to the guys that I have been an as$ to, but if you read back you'll see what I'm talking about. I mean no disrespect, but will not a let anyone piss on me! If you feel that is out of line, too bad!
I was just giving an outsiders view Remember the nice thing Ive not said anything to you Ive just listened and you know Im opinionated and to me you poked Boo on the trigger Tech thread just a little while ago with nothing but your assumption that he was making profits off there merchandise I dont think anybody has said anything about the keepin stuff on the trading post since me and you had that tiff about it And you quit posting on here and so did he about the strings and its been cool since then so why stir the pot Just flush and move on :D
wabi

Post by wabi »

Cabin fever??????
wabi
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

wabi wrote:Cabin fever??????
:lol: :lol: :lol: